Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

see..............see!...................he called me names too! :waah: :waah:

But Tits are nice........... 

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Hi Ash,

Thanx heaps for that.... I am seriously considering your suggestions... and I don't mind just sell the 360 first and wait around and see what I can do... a bit more time (a few months), those car prices are going to drop even further, especially when the new GT3 or GT3RS rolls out... the old one is going to take a bit hit...

I am leaning towards a GT3 RS at this stage but at the end of the day, it all comes down to the cost and which car will make my wife happier to have (I am sure she prefers no car for me and have 250K in the bank instead)... that's always the case of a family man... well.. at least in my case...

cheers,

richie

Pretty much what I thought :p   The '06 was just such a step-up, totally different car.  OP - if you can stretch to an '06 then do it.

The few times I drove a Lambo G at legal speeds I was shitbored - that time back from Melbourne was hell, staring at the speedo the whole time (G has no cruise control and in 3rd gear 1mm of pedal = 40km/h), whereas I did actually enjoy driving the Porsche in general.

BTW - if you are tossing up between a Porker and a Gayardo - I'd wholeheartedly recommend an Audi R8, this might just be the middle-road car you're after.

Offline Iggy_Type_R

Richie,

Have you driven an R8? It's funny... experiencing a 360 made the R8 even better (for me)!!! :) Seriously awesome car. The 4.2 can be "tweaked" fairly easily for some more power and an exhaust mod is a must :)

And an R8 will set you back under 200k.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Hi Ash,

Thanx heaps for that.... I am seriously considering your suggestions... and I don't mind just sell the 360 first and wait around and see what I can do... a bit more time (a few months), those car prices are going to drop even further, especially when the new GT3 or GT3RS rolls out... the old one is going to take a bit hit...

I am leaning towards a GT3 RS at this stage but at the end of the day, it all comes down to the cost and which car will make my wife happier to have (I am sure she prefers no car for me and have 250K in the bank instead)... that's always the case of a family man... well.. at least in my case...

cheers,

richie

Can't believe you're already selling the 360 mate. Like Phil posted already - seems you've hardly experienced it. Must be a few things you really don't like about it then?
C'mon, do it!

Offline 98octane

My 2 cents worth: Purely from an aesthetic and "wow" factor point of view, definitely get the G.

I see lots of exotics around here, but always have a smile on my face when I see a G (or the Collins St Countach  :melting:).  Saw the yellow one on Collins St yesterday - I see it several times a week - but still I detoured to walk past it again.  I think I'd have the same impression every time I saw one in my garage.

On the other hand, I very rarely see a 997 GT3 RS, but when I do, I still don't get very excited.  They're still great looking exotic cars with all their livery, no doubt brilliant to drive, but they look pretty much like every other 911 to everyone else.  Plus, they don't sound anywhere near as good as a G (esp. '06 onwards).

Whatever you choose Richie, let's do a photoshoot of your 360 before you get rid of it!  And, of course, one of the new car when you get it!   :D

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

Must be a few things you really don't like about it then?

The car is PERFECT in many ways.... just like my M3 CSL really.... PERRRRFECT. I guess I miss a manual stick... wouldn't mind a 6spd 360 though or if it was a stradale, I am happy to settle with that too, but I have tried out the 360, wouldn't mind other marques.... hence the decision, as simple as that :)

I will just have to sell the car first and see what options do I have... Thanx guys!

cheers,

richie

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
My 2 cents worth: Purely from an aesthetic and "wow" factor point of view, definitely get the G.

I see lots of exotics around here, but always have a smile on my face when I see a G (or the Collins St Countach  :melting:).  Saw the yellow one on Collins St yesterday - I see it several times a week - but still I detoured to walk past it again.  I think I'd have the same impression every time I saw one in my garage.

On the other hand, I very rarely see a 997 GT3 RS, but when I do, I still don't get very excited.  They're still great looking exotic cars with all their livery, no doubt brilliant to drive, but they look pretty much like every other 911 to everyone else.  Plus, they don't sound anywhere near as good as a G (esp. '06 onwards).

Whatever you choose Richie, let's do a photoshoot of your 360 before you get rid of it!  And, of course, one of the new car when you get it!   :D

I have to agree 95% with 98octane on this one.
I have never driven either car but for that "Holy Shit" look on people's faces, the Lambo is the go & you could also just sit in the garage looking at it for days on end with no problem but on the other hand, the RS is the type of car that, in my opinion, I don't think you would get sick of, i.e. driving it (road or track), looking at it etc.
Would getting out of the 360 & getting in to a G be pretty much the same, similar sports cars, or am I totally wrong, where as getting in to the RS from the 360 would be a totally different ball game?

Go the RS if you are sick of the 360 already but a pretty good choice to have to make there Richie :thumbsup:

Offline beankeen456

get a challenge stradale it like a gt3 rs but has the noise, looks and the ferrari badge and people still get that wow factor from looking at it