Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Do you boys realise that manufacturers can and do programme a certain amount of harshness into the gear changes of dual clutch transmissions to help differentiate the "normal" and "race" settings on their cars?
I imagine they could probably make a dual clutch box seems as God awful as the existing box if they wanted to.

I do and they should.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The Speciale comes with plenty of kick on the gearshifts. I rarely drive the SV in Corsa. I prefer Sport.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
The Speciale comes with plenty of kick on the gearshifts. I rarely drive the SV in Corsa. I prefer Sport.

Yup, all of it engineered in for the "race" setting.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I do and they should.

If you have 3 pedals you control the shift AND the blip on change down. ;)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

If you have 3 pedals you control the shift AND the blip on change down. ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Come in and join the 21st Century Brettski, you just might like it  :p

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Come in and join the 21st Century Brettski, you just might like it  :p

LOL. Mate I only have your old X5M, so probably not a good comparison but I just got bored with the paddle shift.  The blip wasn't me and more importantly my left leg said what the $%^# am I doing here. :D

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

LOL. Mate I only have your old X5M, so probably not a good comparison but I just got bored with the paddle shift.  The blip wasn't me and more importantly my left leg said what the $%^# am I doing here. :D

You're right mate, that's not a good comparison as the X5M is a full blown slush box and nothing like the dual clutch boxes in current Supercars.

I'm finally picking up the 675LT Spider on Friday, come over and experience the Full Monty  :headbang:

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I'm finally picking up the 675LT Spider on Friday, come over and experience the Full Monty  :headbang:

OK, I'll except your offer if you will put your skinny butt in my Argo.   :burnout:

It can't be take take take all the time mate. ;)  You've given me so much over the years.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
You guys are missing my point.

A double clutch is smooth, modern, efficient, etc. Perfect for a DD. To me, the Hurracan, 458, 540C, 570S, 650S and the GT3RS (the DC cars I've driven) are so smooth, I find the paddles redundant. Just leave the damn thing in Auto and be done with it. I believe I called the GT3RS "cushy". The Macs outright boring.

You can't drive the SV in Auto. It's HORRIBLE. You HAVE to use the paddles. And with enough practice, you can change gears smoothly.

The so called brutal gear changes of the SV are smooth compared to the manual gear changes in the Diablos. But that's what I love about these cars. The fact that they throw me around and abuse me all the while I can't stop giggling with a grin on my face.

If I have a passenger in the SV I change gears in Corsa just so we both laugh about how much that gear change hurt, because you don't experience that in normal cars. The brutal acceleration, the painful gear changes, the eyeball popping brakes and brain mashing changes of direction is what makes it fun. Not driving it as fast as I can while feeling nothing.

If I want to be cosseted with smooth gear changes, I just get in my Bentley and be on my merry way.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Spot on andecorp, the car is so much damn fun, I didn't expect to like it this much, the only thing I need is a louder exhaust  :darkside: