Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
you've gotta be nuts to take your pride and joy to anywhere other than the authorised factory Lambo service centre.... just not worth the potential drama.. 

there you go...now you know!

:confused:
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
you've gotta be nuts to take your pride and joy to anywhere other than the authorised factory Lambo service centre.... just not worth the potential drama.. 

thanks for clearing that up  :rolleyes:

I could rant on for years about stuff... but I can't be bothered... so lets stick to stuff that happened THIS week...

I have a customer bring his car to me for "other" stuff, but he likes to get it serviced by the main dealer...

anyway, he comes in with a misfire... 2000km after being MAJOR serviced by the dealer...

So, I look into it... turns out his spark plugs are so badly RUSTED they no longer work... and this is because the gasket that seals the cover has not been fitted at all!...

So, not only did the dealer not fit the gasket LAST time they serviced it, they didn't even check the plugs on the major service!

And then, get this......

I order a gasket from the dealer and the parts guy says to me.."what would you want that for, we hardly ever sell those!"

So yeah, you keep taking your car to the main dealer in some hope of getting a good job done.  :rolleyes:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Ian?

Anyway, you've got a point.  After all, the car will probably end up back in the hands of the Lambo dealer come trade-in time and they would probably rather be selling a car that has had factory authorised servicing and will pay more for it if it does.  Therefore, if you have a late model Lambo, you'll be in front financially getting it serviced at a factory authorised centre.

I'm sure the best of the unauthorised service outlets do great work, but do they get factory bulletins etc?  Probably not.  And of course they can do nothing about warranty stuff.

For older Lambos, you can probably ignore the above.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Ian?

Anyway, you've got a point.  After all, the car will probably end up back in the hands of the Lambo dealer come trade-in time and they would probably rather be selling a car that has had factory authorised servicing and will pay more for it if it does.  Therefore, if you have a late model Lambo, you'll be in front financially getting it serviced at a factory authorised centre.

I'm sure the best of the unauthorised service outlets do great work, but do they get factory bulletins etc?  Probably not.  And of course they can do nothing about warranty stuff.

For older Lambos, you can probably ignore the above.

They could fix a Gallardo clutch in less than 6 weeks though!  :thumbsup: (4 hour job on the race car, probably double on a road car).

It's not a warranty item either.