Offline Paulstar

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/800000-lamborghini-catches-fire-in-australia-20140507-37vnm.html

An $800,000 Lamborghini supercar caught fire during a media demonstration on Victoria’s Phillip Island race track, prompting the exclusive Italian brand to instruct attendees not to report the embarrassing and expensive failure.

When the fire in the light metallic blue roadster took hold it was being driven by Top Gear Australia editor Tim Keen, who was instructed to stop abruptly on the track and get out of the car.

Those who witnessed the inferno said the Lamborghini Aventador – which is powered by a 515kW 6.5-litre V12 engine - needed “a number” of fire extinguishers to extinguish the blaze.

Are the engineers so pressed for space in these engine bays that a small leak can result in this or is it all porky pies?  :doh:

Offline dkabab

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Any car over $200k should come with a big red button these days. If I ran an insurance company I'd be demanding it.

Offline adam01

Any car over $200k should come with a big red button these days. If I ran an insurance company I'd be demanding it.

And Mario on stand by  :-D

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
They should order all owners not to drive them until new engines can be fitted to every single one :)

Offline Paulstar

Love it, the car probably wouldn't be salvageable but the sudden ample supply in brand new exotic parts sitting at wreckers would make things interesting.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Love it, the car probably wouldn't be salvageable but the sudden ample supply in brand new exotic parts sitting at wreckers would make things interesting.

You get it early enough and its just an engine bay fire that can be repaired. If not, like you said, lots of useable parts.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
thank god, thats 1 less car in that horrible colour combination that they will keep trying to sell now.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Lol I thrashed the crap out of that car the previous day lol. The orange one kept having overheating problems with the cats, but the ugly convertible was great all day.

Also some of the news reporters stole my brothers pictures of the car from his YouTube video... Great reporters lol
Enjoying Life!!!!