Offline Trainwrex

• Drives: Challenge stradale, LP640
Hi Guys,

I need to replace my battery on the LP640 and was wondering what suggestions you guys have?

Ive been told that i need to get something with 850cca, does anyone know what the stock battery output is? As those large cranking output batteries are heavy like 20kg plus! The lightness ive seen is from Braile at 18.5kg.

Any help much appreciated.

Tino

Offline E7ITE

Hi Tino, you should join Lambopower and ask this question too.

Here's an excerpt from one of the threads on this topic (this info might be US-specific, however):

"Not trying to play the expert here, but I learned the hard way with Lambo batteries... and I am an electrical engineer, which helps. (a chemical engineer would know much more on this topic though)

Optima batteries:
Great design and marketing idea, and perform better than many batteries... however, once the battery goes low once it's usually ruined. This is because of the chemical change that happens in a battery when it is brought down low... most batteries can go through the chemical change back just fine, but with the optima construction pockets of the magic sauce inside are formed from improper re-charging/burping from the low condition. If you have an Optima that goes too low to start the car, the best thing to do is to very slowly bring the battery back up above low by connecting it to another battery as if you are jump starting the car... after a couple hours then you can bring it back up the rest of the way with the alternator on the car or a charger.

Die Hard platinum:
The posts are tin coated, so no nasty stuff growing on the terminals and bad connections / better materials are used in manfacturing the battery resulting in a product with consistent quality / design that is more forgiving than other batteries when brought down low (this isnt good for any car battery) / higher power capacity, which is really something that is important in these power hungry cars, especially the Diablo and Murci./ great warranty and you can get it replaced at any Sears / etc etc....

Con: it's a heavy battery.. another 10lbs over most others its size, but it is worth its weight.

Some guys have gotten into the weight saving batteries, which are cool... but if it is less than 60 degrees outside, good luck getting the car started. (they have very little capacity... so if the car doesnt start almost immediately, your done)

I cannot remember which Platinum I put in my Murci, so I am looking for the paperwork now. They did not have one that was a perfect fit, but it only took 15 minutes of work to get it to fit perfectly. I took the existing battery up to Sears and matched it with the Platinum that had almost the exact bottom footprint.. but it was a little longer across the top. So, the metal strap that goes over the battery had to be made a little longer... no big deal because the metal strap has some bends in it, so I made them straight with a bench vise making the strap fit over a little bit longer top. Then, there are mounting feet along the sides of the bottom of the battery that are molded in, you need to either bend your battery tray a little bit, or take a razor knife and shave a few of the ribs on feet on the battery a little... the ribs on each end are a little taller (all of this took me less than 15 minutes.. and will make much more sense when you are working on it and you have the compartment and battery right in front of you) My murci is in LA right now, or else I would pull the wheel and take a photo for you guys.

If you are going through all this... it's a perfect time to wire in the pigtail for a battery tender!! (the Lambo/CTEK is a nice one to go with)
http://www.amazon.com/CTEK-Multi-Smart-Battery-Charger/dp/B000FQBWCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316362281&sr=8-1

I just found the paperwork... it doesnt say too much, but I am 99% sure this is the battery I bought:
DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-1 - Group Size 34
Sears Item# 02850034000 | Model# P-1"

From this thread:
http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52907&hl=battery&st=0

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline E7ITE

Trainwreck, I've dug around LP for you  :D

On this thread:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76037&hl=deka

an LP member found that Braille batteries are REBRANDED Deka batteries.  So I assume that you'll just need to find a Deka that's 850cca or more?

http://www.dekabatteries.com.au/autospecfits.shtml

Hope that helps

Offline Trainwrex

• Drives: Challenge stradale, LP640
Thanks guys.

Yeh I looked on lambo power but there mainly american brands which I don't know too much about.

I've looked at both Braille and déjà and the déka is about 5kg heavier for the same cca. I think I'll just order a braile.

In the mean time I just gave to bring a jump pack if I want to take the LP out ha

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Try these guys.

SuperCharge Batteries Perth

Address: 14, Aitken Way,Kewdale,WA,6053,Australia

Phone: 08 9353 2306

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Thanks guys.
Yeh I looked on lambo power but there mainly american brands which I don't know too much about.

I've looked at both Braille and déjà and the déka is about 5kg heavier for the same cca. I think I'll just order a braile.
In the mean time I just gave to bring a jump pack if I want to take the LP out ha

I used Braille lithium in my Scuderia. Standard battery was 21kg, the lithium was 4kg.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
I used Braille lithium in my Scuderia. Standard battery was 21kg, the lithium was 4kg.

How was the cost? How long did it last? Could you feel the difference in weight?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
How was the cost? How long did it last? Could you feel the difference in weight?

You know the answers :rolleyes:

Offline E7ITE

360c:  So if Deka makes Braille, does that mean that there's a Deka equivalent to your old Braille Lithium battery?