Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
360c:  So if Deka makes Braille, does that mean that there's a Deka equivalent to your old Braille Lithium battery?

No idea on that sorry. The lithium race range may well have a different manufacturer to the gel pack range though.

Offline Trainwrex

• Drives: Challenge stradale, LP640
Try these guys.

SuperCharge Batteries Perth

Address: 14, Aitken Way,Kewdale,WA,6053,Australia

Phone: 08 9353 2306

Cool ill have a look

I used Braille lithium in my Scuderia. Standard battery was 21kg, the lithium was 4kg.

I was thinking about litithium but weight really isnt an issue for me. Unless the performance and reliability and longevity are much better to justify the cost??

How long did you have the battery for?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Lithium batteries are not user friendly. They perform better than the equivalent gel battery; but you can't let rhem fall below a certain voltage. I think it is 6 volts or something.  Below that they can't be recharged and are stuffed.
I used it as part of an extensive weight reduction project on my Scud. Dropped something like 80kg out of it all up.

Offline Trainwrex

Lithium batteries are not user friendly. They perform better than the equivalent gel battery; but you can't let rhem fall below a certain voltage. I think it is 6 volts or something.  Below that they can't be recharged and are stuffed.
I used it as part of an extensive weight reduction project on my Scud. Dropped something like 80kg out of it all up.

i was doing some more reading when you mentioned the lithium. There is a place in aus that makes them super start batteries. relatively inexpensive ($700) and only 2kg for 900 cca

Thats what i am afraid of that i might stuff the battery if i fail to put it on trickle charge. Its a pain to change the battery in the LP remove wheel etc. So maybe i might have to go with a more traditional option..

the LP is a fatarse no point trying to save much weight scud definately more benefit though.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Just go with a normal gel battery and keep it plugged into a trickle charger.

I still have my lithium Braille. Haven't got around to putting it in the Speciale yet.
Maybe when I get motivated to do something with the exhaust.

Offline E7ITE

i was doing some more reading when you mentioned the lithium. There is a place in aus that makes them super start batteries. relatively inexpensive ($700) and only 2kg for 900 cca

Thats what i am afraid of that i might stuff the battery if i fail to put it on trickle charge. Its a pain to change the battery in the LP remove wheel etc. So maybe i might have to go with a more traditional option..

the LP is a fatarse no point trying to save much weight scud definately more benefit though.

If you're trying to make it go faster, apparently a 2WD conversion makes a heck of a lot of difference.  Easily reversible too, if you decide you don't like it.

Offline Trainwrex

Just go with a normal gel battery and keep it plugged into a trickle charger.

I still have my lithium Braille. Haven't got around to putting it in the Speciale yet.
Maybe when I get motivated to do something with the exhaust.

Ill look into it some more. The super start ones wont be into stock until christmas, so it would have to be braile.

Get an exhaust on the Speciale would love to hear it!

If you're trying to make it go faster, apparently a 2WD conversion makes a heck of a lot of difference.  Easily reversible too, if you decide you don't like it.

The LP is more than fast enough. id probably put the car in the wall converting to 2wd. ha

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
You know the answers :rolleyes:

I try not to ask questions unless I already know the answer :)

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
. Its a pain to change the battery in the LP remove wheel etc.

I have not installed it yet... but.....

I have a connector that came with my changer that I can just plug the charger into, it is like an extension cord for the battery terminals.

this could be a help if it is hard to get to the battery

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
I have not installed it yet... but.....

I have a connector that came with my changer that I can just plug the charger into, it is like an extension cord for the battery terminals.

this could be a help if it is hard to get to the battery
I have the same on my car. Simple plug in and play once you have installed it onto the terminals.