Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

I'm sure there has been a thread somewhere on this, so merge if needed. On finding a long forgotten box of magazines today I found this reference to the winner of the Lamborghini Countach in the 1986 Fosters AGP Blue Thunder competition.

Offline super squalo

• Drives: anything you put petrol in
so does anyone know what happended to the car

still in Australia ??? :thumbsup:

Offline v12Lambo

so does anyone know what happended to the car

still in Australia ??? :thumbsup:
Hey Super Squalo, did you have any luck tracking down the Blue Thunder Lamborghini Countach??
I think i know some of its history.

Offline hydie

Hey Super Squalo, did you have any luck tracking down the Blue Thunder Lamborghini Countach??
I think i know some of its history.
There was some information mentioned a week or two ago in another thread. Will try and track it down.

Edit: It was on Ferrari Chat.
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=139288246&highlight=fosters#post139288246

And i remember hearing/seeing somewhere else that it has now been resprayed. Will try and track that down.

Quote from: chrispy2926;139288246
Heres a few pics i found in the trunk. These were taken by me @ a showroom in Nth Melbourne circa 1986 when the car was brand new!

Image: Blue Thunder Countach

Quote from: myfazzman1;139289677
Boys, there is a story behind this particular Countach.....

She was/is an LP 5000qv.

The car was painted in "Fosters Blue", a "one off " colour new by the Factory. She was the prize in a competition run by the Fosters beer group as part of their inaugural sponsorship of the Australian F1 GP....

The bloke who won chose a "cash option" that was part of the prize package and took the $$$$ rather than the car. She then ended up in the showroom run by Bob Jane (Yes the Tmart Bob Jane) surrounded by Aston Martins...(Bob was dabbling in selling AM's at the time)....never heard or saw her again.....

Can remember at the time I drank lots and lots of Fosters(too enter the competition of course-LOL) and cried I didn't win her......

In the flesh the colour was stunning and absolutely jaw dropping....whoever has her now has a very unique Countach if she has been left unmolested!!!

Pete

Offline v12Lambo

Well done Pete, nice update. I was working at the Toy Shop back in 1985, i went there for 2 weeks for work experience at the end of year 11 of high school and never made it back to school. The car was used by Bob Jane as a pace car at the Thunderdome race track and when it was time to sell it he resprayed it red and stained the blue leather interior to black. The car still shows its blue paint work through the couple of stone chips and the leather shows blue where it has worn. I drove the car to and from Canberra to the Auto Italia festival back in the 90's. The car lives under a dust cover in the Parramatta area where it has done for the past decade.

Bill

Offline hydie

Well done Pete, nice update. I was working at the Toy Shop back in 1985, i went there for 2 weeks for work experience at the end of year 11 of high school and never made it back to school. The car was used by Bob Jane as a pace car at the Thunderdome race track and when it was time to sell it he resprayed it red and stained the blue leather interior to black. The car still shows its blue paint work through the couple of stone chips and the leather shows blue where it has worn. I drove the car to and from Canberra to the Auto Italia festival back in the 90's. The car lives under a dust cover in the Parramatta area where it has done for the past decade.

Bill
Interesting Bill..

It was resprayed to red correct?

Offline v12Lambo

Yes mate,
The car was resprayed Lambo red, quite a good job. You would only pick it was the original blue thunder by the stone chips.

Offline Red QV

Looking to find out more of the 1986 blue QV 5000 fosters car used in Adelaide F1GP. V12Lambo tracked it as far as parramatta living under a tarp. Does anyone know more?

Offline myfazzman1

• Be prepared.Improvise, Adapt and overcome

Looking to find out more of the 1986 blue QV 5000 fosters car used in Adelaide F1GP. V12Lambo tracked it as far as parramatta living under a tarp. Does anyone know more?

I believe you are talking about the "Fosters" competition Lambo Countach?

I understand the car was repainted red and the interior re-dyed as well.I'm told it is in "sad" condition now and has not run or been seen in many years!

Here are some pics. of it in Melbourne when it was up for sale by Bob Jane. The guy who won the car in the Fosters competition elected to take the cash instead of the car. It was then up for sale in the Bob jane showroom before going to Sydney...Jane was dabbling in selling new Aston Martins at the time!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

^^  That would have made a nice garage in its day.  A Countach for the weekend and a Lagonda for the daily commute (until it died at least).  :)