Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
The Lagonda in the photo is now in my garage. I bought it from Bob. 21k miles. Sorted and very reliable. It was his own private car.

I would love to do a photoshoot of a Lagonda to see if I could make it look hot n sexy.

In the meantime, please straighten your number place coz it's hurting my eyes.   :D

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Where did Jacko's Countach end up?

I remember seeing a news paper article with him next to it saying what a stupid car it was.

He never had a Countach.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I would love to do a photoshoot of a Lagonda to see if I could make it look hot n sexy.

In the meantime, please straighten your number place coz it's hurting my eyes.   :D

That's easy, hmmmm, about 20 bikini clad chicks should do it!    :tilt:

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
The Lagonda in the photo is now in my garage. I bought it from Bob. 21k miles. Sorted and very reliable. It was his own private car.

I read over the weekend in sports car market the Lagonda broke down at its first press release and was pushed out to the media.
Article was also scathing on the electrics, GM auto tranny plus 101 other problems
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline sinkman

Yes, I subscribe to SCM too. Stephen Serio and Robert Cumberford are now OFF my Xmas card list!

I have crafted a reply for the SCM letters section. Let's see if it makes it into print. If not, happy to share for those who may enjoy a chuckle. I am just researching a few facts to finalise response to the nuff nuffs.

The first production car actually broke down on the way to being delivered to it's first custodian. The Marquess of Twekesbury's wife (if my memory serves me correct). They spent 4 times the development budget on just the dashboard! Bonkers!
LOL.

Still the car saved Aston Martin as it was broke and potential owners had to put a 10k deposit down for the privilege. Alot did.

It makes me laugh!

Offline sinkman

LOL! You have a fine eye. It got noticed pretty quickly when first adorned and is now straighter/straight.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
+1

BTW - could you imagine how much real estate you could have bought with $320,000 in 86.

If so it would be worth $1.8m today!!
I remember my dad buying a house for $177k and the one across the road was for sale at the same price....today, they are worth about $ 1.6-1.8 mil......so you are pretty spot on
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline bad_roo

Hi, my name's Andy Enright and I'm Associate Editor for Unique Cars. I'd love to write something on the Blue Thunder Countach for the magazine, so if anyone has any pointers as to where I could locate either the original winner, Michael Stonehouse, or the current owner of the car, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at aenright@bauer-media.co.au

Any other stories/pics/observations about the car would be most welcomed!

Offline v12Lambo

Hi, my name's Andy Enright and I'm Associate Editor for Unique Cars. I'd love to write something on the Blue Thunder Countach for the magazine, so if anyone has any pointers as to where I could locate either the original winner, Michael Stonehouse, or the current owner of the car, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at aenright@bauer-media.co.au

Hi Andy,
I was working at the Toy Shop when we sold the car. I have heaps of pics of Blue Thunder and other QV's we sold, my fave pic is the white QV with red interior still tied down on the pallets just out of the cargo hold of the Air Italia jumbo!
bill.avoca@yahoo.com.au

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au

You can do a story on my Countach and testarossa
Persistence Beats Resistance