Offline trev0006

• Chief video spammer

• Drives: Miss Daisy
  • Name: Trevbot
Anyone can figure out what version of Gallardo this is in the video?

Here is the video:

NSFW language in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqxnEvrswTE

Here is the article:
Classic Ford Falcon GT vs Lamborghini Gallardo

Fast cars and fast motorcycle video collection

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben
04 or 05, probably manual and almost certainly a rental.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
GTHO Phase III[edit]
The Ford Falcon GTHO Phase III was built for homologation, it looked almost identical to the GT. The modified version the Falcon GT built in 1971 with a heavily upgraded engine, a 4 speed top-loader gearbox and Detroit locker 9" differential. It was also equipped with special brakes and handling package, plus a 36 imperial gallons (164 litres) fuel tank.

Winner of the 1971 Bathurst 500, driven by Allan Moffat, the Phase III has been described as "...simply one of the best cars in the world, a true GT that could take on Ferraris and Astons on their own terms..." by Sports Car World.[3]

The GTHO's 351 Cleveland engine output was understated as 300 bhp (224 kW) to satisfy insurers. It is generally accepted to produce in the region of 350-380 bhp (265 kW -283 kW). Initial cars were equipped with an electrical rev limiter which came into effect at 6,150 rpm. With the rev limiter disabled, the engine was reputed to pull in excess of 7,000 rpm, even in 4th gear. The Phase III GTHO was Australia's fastest four-door production car. In 1971 it won the Bathurst 500 motor race in the hands of Allan Moffat

Performance:

Top Speed: 227 km/h (141 mph) @ 6150rpm 0 - 60 mph - 6.5 seconds 0 – 100 km - 6.8 seconds Standing 1/4 mile (400m) - 14.4 seconds

Bathurst (6.172 km - 1938-1986) (6.213 km - 1987-present) Fastest Lap time: 2:36.5 by Allan Moffat (1972 Hardie-Ferodo 500 - Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III)

From Wiki
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben

Offline jamesatfish

A few years back after a track day at Wakefield (ironically in my old 05 Gallardo) a couple of scribes from Motor magazine showed up with a genuine stock Phase III GT.

The magazine article was to show how the legend stood up to a modern Falcon - from memory they used a bog stock V6 econobox for the comparison. I can't remember the lap times but the GT was comprehensively beaten by 30 years of automotive progress.

Against a modern exotic a stock GT wouldn't stand a chance. A highly modified GT - obviously a different story but a detail clearly lacking from that article...

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

A few years back after a track day at Wakefield (ironically in my old 05 Gallardo) a couple of scribes from Motor magazine showed up with a genuine stock Phase III GT.

The magazine article was to show how the legend stood up to a modern Falcon - from memory they used a bog stock V6 econobox for the comparison. I can't remember the lap times but the GT was comprehensively beaten by 30 years of automotive progress.

Against a modern exotic a stock GT wouldn't stand a chance. A highly modified GT - obviously a different story but a detail clearly lacking from that article...

Mate, ya talking shit, noth'n can beat a HO!!! Noth'n!!!!

Offline dkabab

Mate, ya talking shit, noth'n can beat a HO!!! Noth'n!!!!

Dont you beat Ho's in your spare time?

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline barra

Dont you beat Ho's in your spare time?

Lol

I'm not one of those people that think there ageing Italian sports car is the fastest thing out and could never be beaten by a rx2 or a mrt'd golf or singled r32 gtr or whatever... But I don't understand how the Lamborghini doesn't gain anything while the falcon is doing a gear change that's slower than a f1 pit stop??

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Lol

I'm not one of those people that think there ageing Italian sports car is the fastest thing out and could never be beaten by a rx2 or a mrt'd golf or singled r32 gtr or whatever... But I don't understand how the Lamborghini doesn't gain anything while the falcon is doing a gear change that's slower than a f1 pit stop??

lol Momentum. The GT was already accelerating so much faster than the Gallardo that it was still pulling away while he was effectively in neutral waiting to get the next gear and pull away again. Thats why the Gallardo didn't gain ground. If the GT was doing 140kph and the slow shift took it back to 135 and the Gallardo is doing 130 when he starts the shift and reaches 135 when the GT gets going in the next gear, the Gallardo would still lose ground during that time.

Hope that helps you understand.  :thumbsup:

If they were both doing the same speed when he missed the shift then the Gallardo would have gained ground.
While the Falcon is slowing down its still doing 136 while the accelerating Gallardo is doing 134..