Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

January 1989 date is cut off for RAWS. Anything post that has to be done by a RAWS approved workshop.

Yes, I was referring to imports we could handle without the need of a RAWS.

I thought the club reg thing was national now? In any case you can see it's being abused on a massive scale by people using historic reg cars as daily drivers. I can't see how it won't be pulled or at the very least made more restrictive.

I see guys commuting to work in old Toyotas and BMW's on a regular basis.

Not sure about national but here in Vic:

From 1 February 2011, new conditions of use for club permit vehicles apply. 

Under the new conditions of use, permit holders are no longer restricted to club sanctioned activities when using their vehicles. Club Permit vehicles can be used at any time for any purpose other than for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward.

A logbook is issued to permit holders to record the use of the vehicle over the permit period. A log book entry must be made each day that the vehicle is used (unless the vehicle is within 100 metres of the garaged address).

A logbook must be carried in the vehicle, or on the rider in the case of motorcycles, at all times the vehicle is in use.

Financial members of VicRoads’ approved clubs are able to apply for either a 45 or 90 day permit depending on how much use they expect to make of their vehicles over a 12 month period. If a person obtains a 45 day permit but later decides that this is not enough, another 45 day permit may be purchased later on. 

However, no-one will be able to obtain a permit to drive their vehicle for more than 90 days in each 12 month registration period.

If the conditions are not met the Cops will issue fines. If you are caught driving on a permit and not following the rules you are driving an unrego'ed vehicle in the eyes of the law. I do know of one guy in the local Hot Rod club that was issues 2 $600 fines in one week due to not following the Log book rules.....

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I hope they do enforce the rules rigidly. There is a genuine need for the club reg system and I would hate to see it f'd up by idiots abusing the system for the cheap registration.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
abused on a massive scale by people using historic reg cars as daily drivers.

and what exactly is wrong with using classic cars as daily drivers?

YES, impractical due to maintenance/reliability... so get 2 or 3 of them.

But other than self inflicted pain and suffering, I don't see the "real" problem.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
and what exactly is wrong with using classic cars as daily drivers?

YES, impractical due to maintenance/reliability... so get 2 or 3 of them.

But other than self inflicted pain and suffering, I don't see the "real" problem.

Using a classic as a daily driver isn't the problem. Doing it when it is on club rego most certainly is.

You would need your head read to drive an old shitter on a daily basis. I don't mind visiting the past once in a while; but every day? No thanks.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

You would need your head read to drive an old shitter on a daily basis. I don't mind visiting the past once in a while; but every day? No thanks.

:sadnana:

• Soap Dodger

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
Make  sure you have deep pockets and be ready for surprises. And long waits for parts.

Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

• Soap Dodger

Because a year contains more than 90 days presumably.

Thats why you get several classic cars... 4 ought to be enough :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thats why you get several classic cars... 4 ought to be enough :)

Yes, 4 should do it - but then none of them is a daily driver.  I quite like your thinking though. But I couldn't be bothered with club reg personally.  Too restrictive when the whole idea is having fun.