Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Yes, 4 should do it - but then none of them is a daily driver.  I quite like your thinking though. But I couldn't be bothered with club reg personally.  Too restrictive when the whole idea is having fun.

Its not restrictive at all now. Just keep a log book but any use is ok.

My dream garage..... lancia 8.32, Ferrari 328 GTB uk spec pre abs, 250 LM (yeah dreaming)  and a Citroen DS Wagon... with 7 seats...

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Having recently imported an 87 BMW e28 M5, the process is very simple. Make sure before u put the car on a ship for Oz that import permit is issued, otherwise it can be an absolute nightmare.

Essentially pre 89 cars are easy to bring  in to the country. All depends which state u r in for LHD though. I'm from SA and the rules in SA changed 1/7/12 - LHD cars can only be registered on limited reg (90 days) ONLY if manufactured before 1/1/1979!!!

Not sure of other states but VIc has a very generous club scheme where essentially anything older than 25 years old be it LHD or rhd can be on club plates provided it is roadworthy. It is also very cheap in Vic eg $65 for 45 days or around $120 for a 90 day log book!

I agree daily driving an old car can be a hairy issue but nothing stopping one having a fleet of older cars to drive to and from work provided u keep a log book for each drive in each vehicle. ūüėČ
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Yes, 4 should do it - but then none of them is a daily driver.  I quite like your thinking though. But I couldn't be bothered with club reg personally.  Too restrictive when the whole idea is having fun.
It's actually not that restrictive! In SA 90 days a year of driving is very generous for a miserly $165 pa cf at least $700 for normal rego! The only real restriction is keeping a log book which I leave in the car in the console and fill in date and very brief details of the drive eg Adl to Norwood.

No driver restriction either!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!