Offline YoungNomad

Hey guys

I'm not going to ask the typical, boring questions, like "Will I like a lambo more than a ferrari?".

Currently I'm driving a 2001 360 Spider - I've spent close to 20k customising (rims, carbon fibre interior, sound system) - have loved it for the past 6 months, but I'm finding myself getting bored.

Bit of background about me - I'm 29, own a real estate agency and a property development company. I've used the 360 as my daily driver (yes, even to client meetings), which has raised a few eyebrows both with clients and also in the real estate community here. I've loved the attention, it's the reason I bought the fezza in the first place.

Anyway, I'm retiring from the day to day running of the companies, and spending the next 12 months travelling with the missus around the world (2 months travel, 1 month back in country to source new development property).

The reason I didn't get a lambo in the first place was because I didn't want a car which was too over the top - I still can't imagine rocking up to a clients house in a bright yellow lambo.

Now that I'm not going to appointments etc, my options are pretty much limitless - apart from the obvious missus having her say on the budget side of things.

My limit will be around 350k, and for that I'm finding 2008 gallardo spyder's, which look stunning.

The question I have - for those that are driving similar cars, are you now content? I've gone from a new M3, to the 360, and I've gotten bored of them pretty easily ... I don't want the same thing with the lambo.

If you could go back, would you wait and spend more $ on something better? Very interested to hear your opinions / thoughts.

Cheers

Erik
www.youngnomads.com.au

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Hey guys

I'm not going to ask the typical, boring questions, like "Will I like a lambo more than a ferrari?".

Currently I'm driving a 2001 360 Spider - I've spent close to 20k customising (rims, carbon fibre interior, sound system) - have loved it for the past 6 months, but I'm finding myself getting bored.

Bit of background about me - I'm 29, own a real estate agency and a property development company. I've used the 360 as my daily driver (yes, even to client meetings), which has raised a few eyebrows both with clients and also in the real estate community here. I've loved the attention, it's the reason I bought the fezza in the first place.

Anyway, I'm retiring from the day to day running of the companies, and spending the next 12 months travelling with the missus around the world (2 months travel, 1 month back in country to source new development property).

The reason I didn't get a lambo in the first place was because I didn't want a car which was too over the top - I still can't imagine rocking up to a clients house in a bright yellow lambo.

Now that I'm not going to appointments etc, my options are pretty much limitless - apart from the obvious missus having her say on the budget side of things.

My limit will be around 350k, and for that I'm finding 2008 gallardo spyder's, which look stunning.

The question I have - for those that are driving similar cars, are you now content? I've gone from a new M3, to the 360, and I've gotten bored of them pretty easily ... I don't want the same thing with the lambo.

If you could go back, would you wait and spend more $ on something better? Very interested to hear your opinions / thoughts.

Cheers

Erik
www.youngnomads.com.au
mark's lp640 at $400k is a no brainer.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline YoungNomad

It's a gorgeous car, no doubt - but I really do love look of the gallardo ... not sure if I'd be willing to spend an extra 50k ...

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

It's a gorgeous car, no doubt - but I really do love look of the gallardo ... not sure if I'd be willing to spend an extra 50k ...

You really like the Gallardo over the Murcielago??? The extra $50k would be well worth it!!!!

But as for your original question, Just do it!!!!    :thumbsup:

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Gees what a horrible position to be in. ;)  Well done on doing so well so young.  Enjoy. :D

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
1st of all, well done on the position your in :thumbsup:
Secondly......are you hell bent on the Gallardo or are you open to suggestions on other potentials?

Many......Many great cars to choose from for $350k

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Hi Erik,

I remember you.... you were here with a different username before when you came up looking for a ferrari spyder, right? I think that was you since the occupation and the name are the same :)

You will not go wrong with a Gallardo and I have sold my Ferrari for one... totally love it whenever I drive the car (haven't driven it for over 4 weeks now, might take it out today).

I am sure mhh's car is well worth the extra 50K, get that and you will not regret it... I hope to get a LP down the track if missus allows me to after driving a gallardo.

Best of luck!

cheers,

richie

Offline Rickjames

Whilst i don't drive similar cars i think that the 360 & Gallardo are the same 'class' of car, and if you tired of the 360, chances are you will tire of the Gallardo too, IMO. But if you got yourself into a different class of car, say, a Murcielago i think you'll have a better chance of not getting bored with it. If your budget did swing to 400 you will probably even find a Roadster. But there are some great pre-LP640's for around $350k (a very nice gun metal grey w/gold wheels comes to mind).

Best of luck with the hunt!!

Ben

Offline YoungNomad

Hi Erik,

I remember you.... you were here with a different username before when you came up looking for a ferrari spyder, right? I think that was you since the occupation and the name are the same :)

You will not go wrong with a Gallardo and I have sold my Ferrari for one... totally love it whenever I drive the car (haven't driven it for over 4 weeks now, might take it out today).

I am sure mhh's car is well worth the extra 50K, get that and you will not regret it... I hope to get a LP down the track if missus allows me to after driving a gallardo.

Best of luck!

cheers,

richie

Correct! I couldn't remember my username or password, so resigned up.

The Ferrari has been awesome, and I do love it - but I think I'll love the gallardo even more ... and it's ALOT more balls in the wind than the ferrari is.

Great to hear that you're loving yours - gives me even more motivation to make the jump.