Offline YoungNomad

1st of all, well done on the position your in :thumbsup:
Secondly......are you hell bent on the Gallardo or are you open to suggestions on other potentials?

Many......Many great cars to choose from for $350k

Cheers :)

One of my best mates drives a Maserrati (I know I've spelt that wrong), and I hate it. It's such a sleeper car, it rarely turns heads. He's just traded it in for an Audi R8, which he loves ... but I think still looks too "sleeper". My main criteria is a car which screams "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!".

This will obviously change when I'm old, fat and a bit bald - but I'm young, so I want a stand out car.

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
My main criteria is a car which screams "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!".

You could always attach a custom plate to whatever you get that says "LOOK AT ME".

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Cheers :)

One of my best mates drives a Maserrati (I know I've spelt that wrong), and I hate it. It's such a sleeper car, it rarely turns heads. He's just traded it in for an Audi R8, which he loves ... but I think still looks too "sleeper". My main criteria is a car which screams "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!".

This will obviously change when I'm old, fat and a bit bald - but I'm young, so I want a stand out car.

The Gallardo convertible, or the Murci roadster (the import that's on here) is the go if you want the car mainly for the wow factor. Seriously, unless you enjoy pushing the car, or tracking it the the LP isn't the car for you.

I'd bet you can get the import Murci roadster for the money you're talking, and there's heaps of open top gallardo's around well under 350K. If it's mor for puttering around to customers, and for the wow factor, then a few year old Gallardo is going to be a lot cheaper and still fit the bill.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

How about an F430? Spider if you like. They are better than all but the very latest Gallardos.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
How much will the new R8 convertible be? Might be something else to keep an eye on :scratchchin:

How about an F430? Spider if you like. They are better than all but the very latest Gallardos.

As much as I love the F430.......the Gallardo has more of the "LOOK AT ME" factor & from what you have written, you want the best "WOW FACTOR" car for $350k......the Gallardo will fit the bill IMO
P.S. I gave my "car fanatic" 10y.o. son the choice.......no contest......the Lambo :thumbsup:

I heard a funny saying recently but can not remember where;

Quote: "You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone but you buy a Lamborghini when you are someone" :p

Offline app

As much as I love the F430.......the Gallardo has more of the "LOOK AT ME" factor & from what you have written, you want the best "WOW FACTOR" car for $350k......the Gallardo will fit the bill IMO

i agree.
when i look at pics of mhh's 2nd gallardo, i'm just :melting:
i think part of it is there are so many f430's relatively speaking, it looses the "wow" factor
don't get me wrong, f430 is one of my favourite cars

but as a "look at me car", i think f430 spider is probably more for this guy

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

Quote: "You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone but you buy a Lamborghini when you are someone" :p

I believe it was Frank Sinatra that said this.  ;)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I believe it was Frank Sinatra that said this.  ;)

maybe he too forgot that Lamborghini are tractor makers driven by envy to emulate others success and achievements, who, once they thought they had it right, then took on Ferrari at racing too......  and where are they now? :tilt:

building bloody good GT3 cars that's where..... new oneis in customs now, get it thurs am.  :D

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

building bloody good GT3 cars that's where..... new oneis in customs now, get it thurs am.  :D
i wonder what sort of regs they will adopt in the bathurst 12 hour next february now that they will allow the GT cars to compete, and not just production cars?

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
my $0.02 to this is, if you are a little bored with the 360 after such a short time, perhaps you need to steer away from the 'barge ass' spec cars and look for the more focused models as they are a little more visceral.

so look for

360CS
Gallardo Superleggera
or GT3/GT3RS

something a little more raw may put a smile on your face