Offline YoungNomad

Morning!

Awesome advice guys - with all the info, I think it's reinforced my view to get a 350k (ish) gallardo. I don't "need", and i don't think I'll appreciate the extra power that higher models will provide.

If I can find a 06/07 at 320k, I can then spend the extra 20 / 30k on modifications. I'm thinking a black Gallardo, with black rims, upgraded stereo, maybe some decals (joking!!!)

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
building bloody good GT3 cars that's where..... new oneis in customs now, get it thurs am.  :D

Then I REALLY need to find time to get down there mate, that's only if I have any... been extremely busy to even step in, but always pass by in the black workhorse...

richie

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Morning!

Awesome advice guys - with all the info, I think it's reinforced my view to get a 350k (ish) gallardo. I don't "need", and i don't think I'll appreciate the extra power that higher models will provide.

If I can find a 06/07 at 320k, I can then spend the extra 20 / 30k on modifications. I'm thinking a black Gallardo, with black rims, upgraded stereo, maybe some decals (joking!!!)
if you are not really driving a car to its optimum, you will get bored with any car you purchase.
if you are looking for the wow factor, get a go go mobile.......not the dart!!
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline YoungNomad

I don't think you have to drive a car to it's optimum to appreciate it. I also think people get bored for a multitude of reasons.

Thanks for the feedback tho.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Then I REALLY need to find time to get down there mate, that's only if I have any... been extremely busy to even step in, but always pass by in the black workhorse...

richie

just come to Sandown on the weekend to see AND hear it in action......  :tilt:

then the following weekend at Eastern Creek too.

scud.... it'll be GT regs for the GT cars. That's the whole point of inviting them. I feel sorry for the production cars though, it's THEIR race.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Morning!

For the money you're talking I'd get a 2008 Superleggera. It will have low mileage, is quite rare and they come pretty much fully optioned and you won't need to modify it, and will more than likely hold its value better than a standard Gallardo with modifications.

There are 5 or 6 really good ones for sale at the moment.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
building bloody good GT3 cars that's where..... new oneis in customs now, get it thurs am.  :D

Pics once its in  :D
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
I love my black cars......had them for the last 8 years but I just could not go past this....

Offline CortinaD

I love my black cars......had them for the last 8 years but I just could not go past this....

Undercoat, they just put it out in the sun to dry before they put a coat of black over it.