Online Paulstar

Thought this might be of interest

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/item/-/details/CP-04-97--Built-01-95--Lamborghini--Diablo--VT-AWD--Coupe--2-Seats--2-Doors/103238595

Also for sale this convertible only 970kms from the failed dealership http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/item/-/details/CP-10-12--Lamborghini--Gallardo--L140-LP570-4-Spyder-AWD-Performante--Convertible--2-Seats--2-Doors/103238587

edit: nice to see photos of the cars from pretty much the same angle, the LP570 looks a bit fat, tall and dorky compared to the Diablo  :p still much prettier than the Lambo I haven't got

Ready to rev?
ATTENTION businessmen experiencing a mid-life crisis: now you can advertise your insecurity at a bargain-basement price.
Auctioneer Pickles is flogging the stock of Sydney's failed Lamborghini dealership on Monday night as part of its regular auction of repossessed luxury vehicles. Documents filed with the corporate regulator show the company behind the dealership, Global Automotive Holdings, owed more than $5 million, mostly to the Bank of Queensland, when it collapsed in October.
The big attraction on Monday is the dealership's show-room star, a 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo worth about $600,000 as a new car.
It seats two - perfect for you and that teenage girlfriend who cost you your wife - and has just 968 kilometres on the clock. Sadly, it's basic black rather than go-faster red, but beggars can't be choosy.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/tinkler-a-right-wally-when-it-comes-to-lying-low-20121205-2avmi.html#ixzz2EFYcRUgK

And a bit of a harsh assesment of the situation by the SMH  :D

Offline Joel

Im going to check out the cars on saturday. Anyone is interested in anything let me know and I will have a look.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
It just makes you think that perhaps Tinklers Cali was an inside job???
May the Horse be with you....

Offline TomE

http://www.news.com.au/money/money-matters/lamborghini-going-at-half-the-price/story-e6frfmd9-1226531632114

50% discount sounds like pure media crap. What are the forums thoughts?

So who pays the LCT buyer or auctioneer?
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
http://www.news.com.au/money/money-matters/lamborghini-going-at-half-the-price/story-e6frfmd9-1226531632114

50% discount sounds like pure media crap. What are the forums thoughts?

So who pays the LCT buyer or auctioneer?

If it's 2nd hand, i.e. has had a first retail owner already, there is no LCT as the first retail owner paid it.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
If it's 2nd hand, i.e. has had a first retail owner already, there is no LCT as the first retail owner paid it.

Quite interesting, its not like you are buying it new from a dealer with warranty. If it was a demo it has quite a few Km's on it. If you thought you were buying it at the price you bid and got hit with LCT over any buyers premium you wouldnt be very happy.

Offline TomE

I'm talking about the 2012 Gallardo with demo kms on it.

First owner was a LMVD, so no LCt would have been paid.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I'm talking about the 2012 Gallardo with demo kms on it.

First owner was a LMVD, so no LCt would have been paid.

Are you sure it was owned by the dealer? If so, yes LCT has to be paid. The contract would spell it out I am sure.

Offline jamesatfish

Did anyone go to this auction? Curious what the Performante ended up selling for.

Edit: never mind - realised the auction isn't until Monday.

Offline Joel

Went early today and had a look. Fell in love with the X6M. Over heard the old fella looking after the exotics say they were meant to have a black konseigg (how ever spelt) that has been held up in customs. He mentioned that the importer went belly up trying to flog the orange n didn't pay his fees for the black. Would have been interesting when it does turn up.
As for the lambo didn't get a chance to ask about the LCT. They want 350-400, was a repo according to the papers.
The VT has such a presense great mantel peice in the garage.
Aston was also nice from SA just needs a Mario touch.