Offline super squalo

• Drives: anything you put petrol in
Theres a Guy in NZ  Countess Moudlings makes replicas, very good ones on the 5000s

the Countach in  the photos with the white interior is the real thing

cool targa car  :D
try it you may like !!!

Back from the Dead

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
Theres a Guy in NZ  Countess Moudlings makes replicas, very good ones on the 5000s

the Countach in  the photos with the white interior is the real thing

cool targa car  :D

I tried to contact him for a eurobar for my countach and he is not around anymore according to the many enquireis i made in NZ.

I ended up getting a genuine from Lamborghini Melbourne.
The replica front bars are moulded in 3 pieces where the sides of the bar are actually moulded as part of the front guards
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Some guy recreated it for Forza Motorsport:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/3561857.aspx

And:

Quote from: AngryMan
We had a small bunch of blokes who used to prepare cars for targa.  Gary Shaw had a XJS jag that we worked on.  One day we were watching telly (australian GP) and there was a fosters sponsored countach on there.  Gary jokingly said we should build one for targa, and the rest is history.

basically, the car was built by four blokes. Steve Johnson was the lead mechanic, and we built it in his shed in tassie. Gary Brown was the welder/fabricator, and then there was Jason and myself.  I was a second year apprentice mechanic, and Jason had just started his apprenticeship.  All we started with was a fibreglass shell and a tube chassis.  So everything from figuring out suspension geometry to wondering where the door handle was going to go, we did it all....and all in 98 days.  Only outsourced the building of the radiators, the rear wing (my old man hand beat it out of stainless) and the wiring.

Car was originally white, and raced like that for a few years sponsored by ABC TV.  The car is registered as an SJ Countach (Shaw/Johnson). Gary Shaw never actually drove it from memory, he lost interest in it and I think Steve bought him out.

I moved on when it became the donut king team, Steve moved to queensland to take up a job with DK in promotions, and I never saw the car again.  I know DK bought a real lambo and painted it up, but I havent got a clue if the original race car still gets used.

I can only fault one thing with your revised model...you missed a sponsor off the side of the airpod behind the door.  Dunno what it is, and its hard to see, but its there Wink  nice work though!!!  MIght have to go buy the game so I can relive driving it!!

There's also some stuff about FF's beloved Targa Tas 308 there too:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/permalink/3561857/3452769/ShowThread.aspx#3452769

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline dklambo

• azsdxcfgvbhnjkm,l

• Drives: zxdecvbhnjkm
  • Name: zxectrbyuinmok,l
And:

There's also some stuff about FF's beloved Targa Tas 308 there too:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/permalink/3561857/3452769/ShowThread.aspx#3452769

hey i was just woundering if anyone knows where that donut king replica lambo countach is these days who owns it and stuff<i heard it was totaled at targa tas but im not too sure neways i just bought its only brother from the same mould that made the dk one its still a bare kit i plan to convert it to a mr2 and id like to see what is going on with it only brother if u have any info please let me know or even some contact details of who owns it or who might know where it is...thanks
fcgvhbjnkl,

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Last year it was still in the basement of RFG.

Offline dklambo

• azsdxcfgvbhnjkm,l

Last year it was still in the basement of RFG.

Hey thanks mate, do u happen to know where the RFG building is located? like what state or is it still in tassie because thats where i am now. I really would like to see it and find out what they are doing with it and the kit i have has been sitting in a shed for the past 20 odd years the guy i got it off owned it for about 10 yrs and the guy that had it before him had it for 10 years aswell,id like to find out the name of the guy that made it because he did a very good job making it he deserves a congats or something the only two things that have been changed since he made it is, it has been two pack primed to preserve it there has been no body work done at all witch is a good thing and some dick poorly mounted it to a #3 vw chassis and it is unsafe and very out of date aswell so i plan to mount it to a mr2 i bought two writen off ones today that i can use to mount the body too and make the roll cage and body cage first then when im happy with it and know its safe ill go buy a good mr2, too mount the body ,there is a few body shops over seas that are doing kits like lambo and ferrari onto the mr2 and have done alot of research on them and i think thats the best way to go about it 
fcgvhbjnkl,

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
RFG is on the Gold Coast. Mind you, the guys that built it are mentioned in this thread by angryman, he would be a better start I think

Offline dklambo

• azsdxcfgvbhnjkm,l

RFG is on the Gold Coast. Mind you, the guys that built it are mentioned in this thread by angryman, he would be a better start I think

yeah iv been hopeing to talk with him about it, im a panel beater, spray painter qualified and my dad is aswell he also used to work for meric engeineering converting american cars from lhd to rhd so this kit already has alot of skill for its build im just doing some more research over the next month before we start i still need to buy a pipe bender n router to make the cage n body mounts i actually have a full panel shop including a spray booth here in tas, im working for myself i have for the past few years actually,do u know what year the donut king lambo crashed? i cant seem to find it on youtube   
fcgvhbjnkl,