Offline dklambo

• azsdxcfgvbhnjkm,l

• Drives: zxdecvbhnjkm
  • Name: zxectrbyuinmok,l
I doubt he would have any doubles.

Now if you are looking for Countach parts such as lights, glass, badges, interior dashboard bits  to make it look original....get ready for a big shock.

This is why i ended up buying an original Countach. 
I was going to by my mates unfinished kit.
However, all the "original" little bits and pieces like screens, window glass,  lights, badges, interior trims required to make a kit look original will end up costing you as much as a the genuine article, and at the end of it, you still have a kit car.

Here are some hints which may or may not work from my previous research.

Windscreen try an old toyota hiace van windscreen and get it trimmed to size
Rear Lights....Alphasud 1.8ltre from the 70's
Side marker lamps   Alfa GTV
Window Winders  Fiat Argento
Headlamp Dimmer Lancia
Door Striker (old 70's mercedes)
Boot, Bonnet, Engine Cover Latches   Fiat/Alfa
Aircon Vents   Fiat/Alfa

What is going to screw you are:-
Door Locks
Badges
Instruments
Other switches in the vehicle.
Wheels
Rear Tyres ---Very hard to get in the original Sizes  345,40,15
Steering Wheel ( I have a spare if you like - Without the centre pad)
hey mate i know what ur saying but as for the interior i plan to keep the full mr2 interior it has been done before just needs to be modified to fit that means everything is there interior all electrics airbags power windows aircon ect. and keep all origanal running gear the parts ill need will be lights glass radiators for the quater panel mounts wheels basicaly most of the exsterior inserts i have the interior sorted the mr2 needs to be exstended buy 10 and a half inches to make the correct wheel base and also needs 3 main cages:roll care,front and rear to mount the body and also create a safe structure and also i need to make side trushion bars for the doors n sil panels the only origanal things i plan to buy are the vertical door hinges maybe wheels badges i plan to get glass cut to size and i can basically make everything i need for it buy hand im quite crafty 
fcgvhbjnkl,

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

How much heavier/lighter than the original MR2 is this likely to be?
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

hey mate i know what ur saying but as for the interior i plan to keep the full mr2 interior it has been done before just needs to be modified to fit that means everything is there interior all electrics airbags power windows aircon ect. and keep all origanal running gear the parts ill need will be lights glass radiators for the quater panel mounts wheels basicaly most of the exsterior inserts i have the interior sorted the mr2 needs to be exstended buy 10 and a half inches to make the correct wheel base and also needs 3 main cages:roll care,front and rear to mount the body and also create a safe structure and also i need to make side trushion bars for the doors n sil panels the only origanal things i plan to buy are the vertical door hinges maybe wheels badges i plan to get glass cut to size and i can basically make everything i need for it buy hand im quite crafty

Just a word of advice - get an engineer on board asap before you go any further!!!!

You are heading into Hurtsville - just mentioning the Air Bags gives me the shivers!!!!!

Offline dklambo

• azsdxcfgvbhnjkm,l

Just a word of advice - get an engineer on board asap before you go any further!!!!

You are heading into Hurtsville - just mentioning the Air Bags gives me the shivers!!!!!
hey yeah the airbag thing shouldnt affect me as the model mr2 im going to use turns out they dont have them i only brang that up because i seen a mr2 online that was getting ready for the convertion and they where talking about there being a choice to remove them or replace them the model they are going to use is a bit newer i even heard u can use an mrs the 2000-2007 make but im going to use a 90-95 mr2 i just bought two lightly writen off ones yesty that i can mount the body too first and make the needed cages first fit the interior ect. then im going to go buy a good one to complet it

and yea i definetly agree with you about getting an engineer from step one thats the plan from the start im just getting the needed things first like the wreck im using to mount it too first the secound is for the extra floor pan section and stuff the guy had it there so i got it aswell then i need a pipe bender n a few other things i already have a full panel shop of my own and will be doing bits to it inbetween repairing everyone elses cars im going to do up some plans then talk with an engineer im thinking it might be smart to get two separite engineers to veiw it and sign of on the safty and structure strength but by using the mr2 running gear it makes it easyer to rego it as a modified mr2 i will need to up grade the brakes n maybe suspention but it is do able with the right skills behind the build and money do you have anything else ud like to point out 
fcgvhbjnkl,

Offline dklambo

• azsdxcfgvbhnjkm,l

How much heavier/lighter than the original MR2 is this likely to be?
it will be abit heaver id say and i will upgrade the suspention brakes and tweak the engine up gearbox and anything i can on the running gear basically,, there is a mr2 dragging a lambo on youtube and it leaves it off the line and all the way to the finish so they can be quite tweeked up     
fcgvhbjnkl,

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
do you have anything else ud like to point out

yes.

Kit cars are less technical than a wheelie bin with a step ladder in it.

You could have more fun, more cheeaply, in a wheelie bin, with a step ladder in it. And it would almost certainly be safer to you, and us too.

It's a still born money pit of an idea.

Work hard, save up and buy a nice car, and maybe do a bit of work to it to get your jollies, but most importantly, drive it, and you'll enjoy yourself a lot more.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
<snip> there is a mr2 dragging a lambo on youtube and it leaves it off the line and all the way to the finish so they can be quite tweeked up ... <snip>   

You kinda had me on the basis of being dead keen up to this point.

This is definitely going to turn into a 'well i'll f*cknig build it just to prove a point' threads ... if it doesn't die out in the next 45 seconds that is...
C'mon, do it!

• Soap Dodger

... if it doesn't die out in the next 45 seconds that is...

did you like how I subtly, and diplomatically, lit the touch paper??

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
You kinda had me on the basis of being dead keen up to this point.

This is definitely going to turn into a 'well i'll f*cknig build it just to prove a point' threads ... if it doesn't die out in the next 45 seconds that is...

I think you need to jump into a real countach to feel an angry raging bull unleash its power without warning to the unsuspecting occupant.  Certainly like no other car.  It is one really angry beast.
Persistence Beats Resistance

• Soap Dodger

I think you need to jump into a real countach to feel an angry raging bull unleash its power without warning to the unsuspecting occupant.  Certainly like no other car.  It is one really angry beast.

Now put the same engine in an armoured personell carrier, and you have an LM002!