Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

That doesn't make any sense. If the lawyer thought it was not winnable he wouldn't take on the banks only to lose and not get paid for all his work. Clearly, the lawyer didn't tell the clients it was unwinnable.

but the judge is telling them their chances arent so great but they are still considering going to the high court.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

nothing is black and white anymore.

workcover are a f*cking joke too. just pen pushers who tick and flick, and in the end it costs us all a lot more to do things.

doctors aren't any better, want time off, they'll write you whatever you want.

the old days a price increase was about power, or wages, or fuel, or rates. now a big one is workcover premiums all due to wanker legals who chase a reason for compensation, even when it's not the employers fault, or it's a pre-existing injury. I've seen it too many times. after the kiddie fiddlers and then the financial planners (more wankers) royal commission, this has to be next.

Don't get me started Scud, I know exactly what you are talking about.  The big one now is older people retiring then coming back and trying to get a nest egg for retirement claiming on a pre-exisiting injury.  Of course many of the claims are false but you're still out of pocket $000's proving it.  They don't know any better and are spurred on by Lawyers promising this "No Win No Fee".  And the government wants people to employ elderly people.  Yeah right, until they sort the Ambulance chasers out and Workcover it aint gunna happen.

Yep, some Dr's are just as bad.  I had an honest employee many years ago whose Dr told her to go to work and say she hurt herself there and would therefore be covered under Workcover.  She'd hurt herself in the garden at home!  It's costing all of us a fortune.

Yes, there are good Lawyers out there so not picking on them all. ;)

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
but the judge is telling them their chances arent so great but they are still considering going to the high court.

Then the lawyer is insane if he's doing it on a no win no fee basis. Sounds unlikely, but it's possible.
I love my car.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Yep, some Dr's are just as bad.  I had an honest employee many years ago whose Dr told her to go to work and say she hurt herself there and would therefore be covered under Workcover.  She'd hurt herself in the garden at home!  It's costing all of us a fortune.

I had a staff member faint at work and lacerated her head.  She admitted to taking 2 panadeie Forte's a few hours earlier and told other staff members that she has been known to faint if she takes just 1 nurofen.  Didnt stop her GP suggesting and writing a report in order for her to claim on workcover, our protestations based on her comments regarding panadeine forte fell on deaf ears.

And then there's the GP who wrote an entitlement for his perfectly healthy love interest to have care courtesy of medicare under schemes reserved for people with chronic illnesses.

there are bad eggs in every profession and industry

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
In my earlier days I would undertake lawyers trust account audits. Not a fun job, however as part of the job you had to review the files. It was a strange coincidence that a few doctors would feature prominently across most files for medical reports.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I had a staff member faint at work and lacerated her head.  She admitted to taking 2 panadeie Forte's a few hours earlier and told other staff members that she has been known to faint if she takes just 1 nurofen.  Didnt stop her GP suggesting and writing a report in order for her to claim on workcover, our protestations based on her comments regarding panadeine forte fell on deaf ears.

And then there's the GP who wrote an entitlement for his perfectly healthy love interest to have care courtesy of medicare under schemes reserved for people with chronic illnesses.

there are bad eggs in every profession and industry

Man have I got some shocking stories about experiences with dodgy Doctors; but as you say, there are bad eggs in every profession.