Offline Scrote

Hi guys, any ideas on what price an early (pre '06) gallardo is actually selling for? I'm guessing a bit less than the advertised price given the length most have been on carsales?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Hi guys, any ideas on what price an early (pre '06) gallardo is actually selling for? I'm guessing a bit less than the advertised price given the length most have been on carsales?

For retail it Depends on the individual car and seller, but they are retail in Sydney from my personal experience $150k for a shit car with a motivated seller, to $180k for a near perfect series one Gallardo. I'd say $180k is the cowling for a good 05 model as the 06 comes in at that price and can go up to the $200k mark.  I recently sold one of my Gallardos (05 egear import with exhaust and 34xxxkm through a dealer) for $175 000  (was asking $179 990) minus $10k commission and general service @ $1500. The car wasn't in special condition, maybe just over average condition for its age.

Recently seen the same dealer sell an 06 import in faultless condition for $199k.

Recently I've seen a couple of late model 360 spiders sell close to $140k (even though some forum members here recon they are only worth $70k  :doh:  so I wouldn't really be asking this forum for their advice on Gallardo prices seeing how so few people here actually have anything to do with buying selling or owning them.) actually another forum member here (he can reveal himself if he wants to or not )was going to inspect the car to buy (360 went on carsales at $142k this week on a weekday and was told yesterday that the car has already sold).

Basically Gallardos are still moving, it is just the shit examples that are hanging around for ages, unless you follow carsales on a daily basis, you will think the market is static when it actually isn't, the good cars get advertised for a few days and snatched up before the week has passed. I'd be weary of a Gallardo asking $150-$180k that has been sitting around for a long time, there is generally a reason for it (usually fails a PPI pretty badly or the dealer selling the carbon behalf of the owner lies to the seller that no one is interested in the car, 3 months pass, then the dealer hammers the seller to drop the price so the dealer can make his $30-$40k commission and the car will then sell within the week at close to the original asking price without the seller knowing the real selling price... Happened to me a few years ago with a dealer in east Sydney, always wondered why his cars hung around for around 3 months.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Also with the AU$ completely shitting it self over the last 3 weeks, I predict imported Gallardos  to completely stop, the current stock on carsales will mostly dry up, demand due to lack of import stock will rise (not by much but it already hasn't gone down noticeably Over the last 12 months, now that imports will stop it will have to rise or at least stay where it is as potential buyers have a smaller pool to chose from. This has already happens in the UK but due to an influx of buyers rather than reduction of sellers. Although now there are around half the Gallardos for sale in the UK that there were 2 or 3 years ago.

Prices for Gallardos In the UK have actually risen over the last 2 years as people from Australia and South Africa bought Gallardos from the UK.

First hand personal experience.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!