Offline Andy@MMRT

• Drives: Murcielago
If you do go with the Gallardo, make sure Lamborghini have done the power steering recall work. Should have been a warranty fix in any Aussie delivered car but no doubt would be a cost exercise on an import. I don't recall 100% but I *think* it was an engine-out fix.

The recall is to fix a power steering potential leak over the exhaust manifold so I'd strongly recommend not driving an early Gallardo that hasn't had the recall work done.

BBQ?

Offline craigbuckley

Offline craigbuckley

Located in w.a currently i believe it used to be in Vic when imported in 2014

Offline Trainwrex

• Drives: Challenge stradale, LP640
tbh you're not going to make money off a gallardo nor are you going to drastically loose more money after you buy one just because the car is an import.

This car is now affordable that a different generation of buyer has entered the market. As long as the car has good service history well looked after i think the issue with import inst as big of a factor as it used to be.

This model specifically i am talking about.

Offline E7ITE

I'm confident that this is my good mate's friend's Gallardo.

Is it a private sale or from a dealer?

Offline craigbuckley

He have any problems with it? It is through a dealer.

Offline E7ITE

I dont know the guy, only a mutual friend.  Hence, I wouldnt know.

Offline jamesatfish

BBQ?

Potentially, yes. I don't know if any actually cooked that way but that was the risk.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
He have any problems with it? It is through a dealer.

Offer $115 for a quick sale mate. You want one, it's a cool looking thing.

Import and yellow will ream you at resale, but you've been fairly warned, so it's not that big a deal.

Jamesatfish makes an awesome point about confirming factory recalls have been done. It's an old car now, so an inspection is only going to show up obvious things - who knows what'll come up with some spirited driving.

My 2006 Spyder ran great for 2000K's from purchase then kept throwing 1-5 / 6-10 errors caused by the emissions system. F*CKED around for ages trying to work it out - then hit sensors running to cats with Stabilant22 and it was sorted. 5K k's later replaced the F1 hydraulic pump with a newer Fiat alternative, golden again. Traded it with sub-30K's on it and I'm sure the next guy had a good run (for a period at least).

If you haven't driven one of these yet, make sure you do before parting with the cash. 4wd feels a bit like a truck compared to other supercars.

All that being said - you only live once!
C'mon, do it!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Yellow is bad for resale on a Lambo? Did I read this wrong? I've had 4 yellow Lambos. It's like red on a Ferrari.