Offline craigbuckley

Oh really?
Personally I don't like the yellow either and if a different colour one was the same price I'd buy that.

Seems the plot thickens now with this one, it has done 45miles instead of kms.

Offline Andy@MMRT

• Drives: Murcielago
Yellow is bad for resale on a Lambo? Did I read this wrong? I've had 4 yellow Lambos. It's like red on a Ferrari.

Maybe only on the big boys?

Offline Andy@MMRT

Oh really?
Personally I don't like the yellow either and if a different colour one was the same price I'd buy that.

Seems the plot thickens now with this one, it has done 45miles instead of kms.

Well...at least you know it's run in :D

quick scroll through carsales, all the sub 170k G's have between 35,000km and 60,000km being the highest mileage. 

Don't think the G is as mileage sensitive as it's older brother to resale, and there's always the theory that an exotic that's driven can be more mechanically sorted than a garage queen.  As long as your PPI comes back clean and get a compression test.  It's a manual, so no e-gear drama from the early cars.

Offline craigbuckley

Being a U.K. Import in the fact it's in miles would the speedo display in miles and km for driving speed or is it one or the other?

Offline Andy@MMRT

Being a U.K. Import in the fact it's in miles would the speedo display in miles and km for driving speed or is it one or the other?

I would be getting a lot more interior pictures from the seller, including cluster.  It may have one of the dual measure speedo's and not changed during compliance. 

Also a full list of receipts for work done.

You need to do your due diligence on this. 

I also think that if your finances afford you only the bottom of the barrel in a Lamborghini, maybe now is not the time to buy a lamborghini.  Not well known for it's cheap maintenance. 

Online allanuber

• Name: Al
Yellow is bad for resale on a Lambo? Did I read this wrong? I've had 4 yellow Lambos. It's like red on a Ferrari.

You spec good models, keep them perfectly maintained and price them right - and sell them new-ish when still in demand.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

You spec good models, keep them perfectly maintained and price them right - and sell them new-ish when still in demand.

Yellow was the launch colour for the Gallardo. I think he's pretty safe on colour. History etc might be more of an issue - and manual which few buyers ever wanted.

Online allanuber

• Name: Al
Yellow was the launch colour for the Gallardo. I think he's pretty safe on colour. History etc might be more of an issue - and manual which few buyers ever wanted.

I don't think that's the case for buyers for 'cheaper/older' cars - condition/rarity seems to trump colour on newer stuff, on older people are more picky. OP himself says he doesn't like yellow above and every dealer is r@pey on the colour.

Or, maybe you're just lucky  :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline Trainwrex

• Drives: Challenge stradale, LP640

I was told the same when looking at the murcie.. Maybe its because there are so many yellow ones that they loose their appeal?

I must admit i preferred my grep LP to the yellow one i nearly bought....

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I don't think that's the case for buyers for 'cheaper/older' cars - condition/rarity seems to trump colour on newer stuff, on older people are more picky. OP himself says he doesn't like yellow above and every dealer is r@pey on the colour.

Or, maybe you're just lucky  :)

What colours do the dealers like?