Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

You might find on the Golf like my CC that if you have the auto hold function on it takes time to deactivate that before letting it's clutch out. It is faster off the mark when this is deactivated.

Offline adam01

You might find on the Golf like my CC that if you have the auto hold function on it takes time to deactivate that before letting it's clutch out. It is faster off the mark when this is deactivated.

No autohold button on Golfs MK6  - added in next model  :)

Offline TWD

• Drives: All sorts
Good to hear you're enjoying the car, James.

We're having a cars and coffee meet on the 2nd February if you're keen. PM me for details. Just a group of euros and exotics.

Offline jamesatfish

Good to hear you're enjoying the car, James.

We're having a cars and coffee meet on the 2nd February if you're keen. PM me for details. Just a group of euros and exotics.

Thanks - I will actually be in Sydney that weekend but for a wedding with family in tow so won't be able to join this time around unfortunately.

Offline TWD

• Drives: All sorts
Thanks - I will actually be in Sydney that weekend but for a wedding with family in tow so won't be able to join this time around unfortunately.

Not a problem

Must tee up that SuperLeggera and Balboni photoshoot soon! :)

Offline JBP

Awesome purchase - good to see that someone has the balls to go for a bold colour! Looks fantastic.

Offline jamesatfish

Awesome purchase - good to see that someone has the balls to go for a bold colour! Looks fantastic.

Thanks - as far as I'm concerned these cars only work in the bright colours (yellow / orange / green), with green obviously being my standout favourite.  Unfortunately as nice as the colour is apparently it's hard to convince someone buying a $500K+ car that they should fork out another $20k or so to have it painted green - hence why it's such a rare colour by comparison to the other bright hues.

On another note, the other thing that really impressed me about the LP was the fuel consumption.  Highway driving in the 05 averaged about 16l/100k, but I managed 10.7l/100k from Canberra to the coast on one of my commutes - about 15l of petrol from door to door.

Of course the ability to rapidly turn petrol into noise is still available as an option should the right foot so desire - coming back to Canberra very early one morning over the same distance required 54l of petrol...

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy

Of course the ability to rapidly turn petrol into noise is still available as an option should the right foot so desire - coming back to Canberra very early one morning over the same distance required 54l of petrol...
54l sounds like a lot more fun ;)