itsjinx

As I was driving on the road and came to a stop at a stoplight, my 2004 EGear Gallardo all of a sudden wouldn't move when the light turned green. Engine was fine and normal. The N(neutral) letter poped up and had a solid box around it while the R(reverse) letter also popped up but had a blinking box on it. The car wouldn't move at all. I could not put it in reverse or in gear, neither in Egear or Automatic mode. When I held down the reverse button or held down a paddle then a message popped up saying "EGEAR" and it had a picture of a jagged line with an X at the end of it. Almost to say that the egear is frozen/locked/etc. **NOTE that I noticed the date and time and tripometer were now reset and it showed the date of 2003 and time of 12:00.

After getting pushed to the side of the road, my only instinct was disconnect the batter as to reset the ECU. I did that and let it sit for 5 minutes and that worked. I then drove the car and switched gears fine on the road and then as I'm driving in 4th gear, it showed all the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 and they all had blinking boxes on them and the car wouldn't shift up or down at this point so I pulled over and once I stopped, the car automatically put itself into neutral and started blinking the R and N letters again.

PLEASE help! I have a brand new clutch on the car, just FYI. It was just inspected by a lambo dealership and everything was fine. Has anyone heard of this happening?

**One more thing to note: at one point an icon popped up on the dashboard that I have never seen before and it was a yellow exclamation point with an unclosed circle around the exclamation point.... any advice is greatly appreciated!

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
No technical help here, but I wouldn't drive it again. Get Lambo to have a look at it. You may have done more damage after driving it the second time.

itsjinx

yeah it is now parked outside the dealership but they don't open until monday so i'm trying to see if i can figure out the problem beforehand. Any other input from gallardo owners?

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
I recall the manual gives a description of each warning light, flash sequence etc.  Or have you already looked there?

itsjinx

unfortunately I don't have a manual. i ordered it online but it takes a month to get here from italy.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

See this is the problem with electronic gearboxes, there is no way that you can change anything without the right program, so just sit back with a beer and wait for monday.

How'd you get one without a manual?

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
How does the stored memory work on the Lambo.

If the ECU has been reset would you not lose all your failure codes that would have been stored.

Of course when you take it to the shop they can't see any stored faults and as Murphy jumps in they won't be able to replicate the fault either.

Back to square one...
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

Yeah last thing I would have done is play with the electrics in a $half mill car

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

How does the stored memory work on the Lambo.

If the ECU has been reset would you not lose all your failure codes that would have been stored.

Of course when you take it to the shop they can't see any stored faults and as Murphy jumps in they won't be able to replicate the fault either.

Back to square one...

The ECU has a Dynamic RAM, very much the same as a USB memory stick, once the info is written to the memory it will stay there until overwritten, so the info "Should" stay there even if power is lost completely or after a reset

If there is a corrupt file or map in the ECU, I have been told that the local dealers can't reload them but they have to go back to the Factory.  :confused:

I know some of the early Diablo's used to have Webber ECUs that were a pain in the Bum.