Offline lord melchett

howdy,

this is my first post. have been reading various boards and threads for last couple of weeks. would appreciate some feedback on some questions you have no doubt had the displeasure of reading a few times or more.

Q: is it really that silly to have a 360 or gallardo as a daily driver. i had a DB7 V12 some yrs ago when working in london and drove it a bit (petrol cost was a small salary in itself) but now need to treat myself over here. i would put about 8-12 000 kms on the clock each year as i live and work inner city. it seems to me that a 360 would cost about 5k a yr, amortised, given that you'd assume you'd have to whack a clutch in at some point + change tyres + yearly service + belt change + insurance. unforseen, potentially nasty maintennance issues will rear their ugly heads as well  i guess...

with the lambo, is it about the same cost?

thanks guys.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Lord Melchett! Nice to have you along Sir!

360's are around $1/km to run, inc tyres and servicing in my experience... based on ~5k km/year over 5 years

Gallyardos are harder to say... basic running costs around the same, but clutches are more expensive AND required more frequently, especially in city traffic.

but even then, I'd guess no more than $1.50/km.

Buy either with confidence.

Gayardo visibility is woeful, esp for parking and manoevuring. 360 is a breeze in comparison as you can see the wheel arch humps to place the wheels,a nd have a better idea of overhang etc.

Neither are gunna be much fun around town though. Get a city car and save the exotic for PROPER driving.

Offline lord melchett

hey ferrarifixer. thanks. i have read pretty much every post you've typed in the last 3 months on this site (no i am not stalking you) because i am envious of your knowledge.

i wouldnt drive the car in the city. perth CBD is small and i like to walk. car would be used to actually drive, and it would be more than 5000 kms/yr for sure...

do u do the PPIs? are you willing to make a recommendation on a car for me because i reckon there's a 90% chance it'll be in melb or syd where the purchase is made

cheers

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I own both models and the 360 spider is much better to use in traffic, I disagree with the gallardo being harder to park, the gallardo I have is a coupe and visibility of the gallardo is much easier (even If the 360's roof is down), but for both cars once you get the hang of it you won't find any problems parking either. The 360 has more clearance under it and has a much lighter steering wheel as well as a better turning circle. For city driving they both shit me ( in Sydney, probably no where near as much traffic in WA though).

I'll post more pros and cons of both a little later when I have mire time
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline lord melchett

thanks wattens. that's brilliant.

pls also advise if u agree with the $1/km on 360 and $1.50 km on lambo total running costs, per yr, amortised over first 3-5 yrs of purchase. either way, would this include the extra funds req'd if something rather major were to occur?

thanks guys. i can afford the cars but i can't afford a lemon. :scared:

• Soap Dodger

I own both models and the 360 spider is much better to use in traffic, I disagree with the gallardo being harder to park, the gallardo I have is a coupe and visibility of the gallardo is much easier (even If the 360's roof is down), but for both cars once you get the hang of it you won't find any problems parking either. The 360 has more clearance under it and has a much lighter steering wheel as well as a better turning circle. For city driving they both shit me ( in Sydney, probably no where near as much traffic in WA though).

I'll post more pros and cons of both a little later when I have mire time

you're comparing 360 spider vis .. which is poor to the rear.

To the front, the 360 is infinitely better than the G, to the rear, they're fairly similar. Except the vanishing point of the G is harder to manage as you can't see the front at all.

• Soap Dodger

hey ferrarifixer. thanks. i have read pretty much every post you've typed in the last 3 months on this site (no i am not stalking you) because i am envious of your knowledge.

i wouldnt drive the car in the city. perth CBD is small and i like to walk. car would be used to actually drive, and it would be more than 5000 kms/yr for sure...

do u do the PPIs? are you willing to make a recommendation on a car for me because i reckon there's a 90% chance it'll be in melb or syd where the purchase is made

cheers

is that you PP?
(in joke)

Yes I can do a PPI, or Lambo-tech who recently posted here is another great option :thumbsup:

I'm in melb, as is Ltech... I can recommend Ferrari inspector in Syd, or I can travel,  but I'm not sure who I'd trust for a Lambo.

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
Hmmm does that mean 360 is leading  ?????
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

• Soap Dodger

Hmmm does that mean 360 is leading  ?????

360 is better at EVERYTHING except speed.
G wins hands down, no contest.

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib