Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars
Make sure you have a lifter if you are going to use the Gallardo for daily driving, or get used to scraping sounds... Also doing U turns is not the most easy of exercises.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

360 is better at EVERYTHING except speed.
G wins hands down, no contest.

What about the difference between a 360 and a 430, I see they're both the same 0=100 @ 4.1 , they look similar so is it worth spending the extra $150k ?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
What about the difference between a 360 and a 430, I see they're both the same 0=100 @ 4.1 , they look similar so is it worth spending the extra $150k ?

dunno where those figures come from

430 is so much quicker than 360.

430 has gushing torque from low rpm, where 360 needs it extracted by revs.

a Mid to high $200k 430 coupe with a few km on is a great buy if prepped and updated properly... But don't spend over 300k ona  430 unless you buy a scud IMO.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Hmmm does that mean 360 is leading  ?????

No way, the 360 is miles behind a gallardo, but to be fair I am comparing a 2003 model 360 to a 2007 gallardo. What I do know is the early model 360's are pretty terrible in traffic, 2002 models onwards got better. The 2003-2005 gallardos are a little more annoying to drive in traffic than the 06- onwards.

I posted about the 360 spider in the comparison because I thought he asked about the yellow spider from queensland on another thread today.

Most gallardos (not the 04-05 models) have parking sensors and cameras anyway, 360's don't.

I got a guy a few guys in Sydney who are Ferrari mechanics ( used to work for Ferrari/maserati Sydney until they left and started their own workshop, all trained in Italy with Ferrari maserati certificates). These guys know lambos as well but I have never had an issue with the lambo yet so I haven't seen their skills first hand on lambos.   There is a lambo service centre in rose bay Sydney that is meant to be good, apparently the lambo dealer used to use them before they started doing it themselves.

I wouldn't take it to the dealers for any work unless it is warranty work as the dealers in Sydney at least tend to let anyone work on your car.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I was looking at the Challenge. :o
I think the 360's are slipping fast now the 458's out.

Offline lord melchett

Make sure you have a lifter if you are going to use the Gallardo for daily driving, or get used to scraping sounds... Also doing U turns is not the most easy of exercises.

smileone96. yeah i heard that. 05 G has functionality already? cheers.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

good point. G with front lift makes life easy.

But don't NOT buy a nice G just cos it doesn't have lift.

Offline lord melchett

No way, the 360 is miles behind a gallardo, but to be fair I am comparing a 2003 model 360 to a 2007 gallardo. What I do know is the early model 360's are pretty terrible in traffic, 2002 models onwards got better. The 2003-2005 gallardos are a little more annoying to drive in traffic than the 06- onwards.

I posted about the 360 spider in the comparison because I thought he asked about the yellow spider from queensland on another thread today.

Most gallardos (not the 04-05 models) have parking sensors and cameras anyway, 360's don't.

I got a guy a few guys in Sydney who are Ferrari mechanics ( used to work for Ferrari/maserati Sydney until they left and started their own workshop, all trained in Italy with Ferrari maserati certificates). These guys know lambos as well but I have never had an issue with the lambo yet so I haven't seen their skills first hand on lambos.   There is a lambo service centre in rose bay Sydney that is meant to be good, apparently the lambo dealer used to use them before they started doing it themselves.

I wouldn't take it to the dealers for any work unless it is warranty work as the dealers in Sydney at least tend to let anyone work on your car.

thanks wattens. yellow spider seems well priced. prefer manual tho

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

360 is better at EVERYTHING except speed.
G wins hands down, no contest.

A bit biassed FF lol.

It is easier to drive but there is much more to a car than ease of use.
If you are someone that wants an easy to drive/cheap/reliable sports/supercar. Get a Porsche 911 turbo.  ;)

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

I should point out that the 360 and gallardos are in two completely different leagues.