Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor
Short version:

Getting out of a Lambo with the doors heavenward is about as cool as being caught in the toilets getting a BJ from Megan Fox.

But as much as I love the Rockstar effect, I far prefer the feel and sound of the G.

Yep i'm with you on this one as well Ash  :thumbsup:
It's definitely a head turner !

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Where's MHH?  This topic is best answered by an expert.
He's not the only one  :scratchchin:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Short version:

Getting out of a Lambo with the doors heavenward is about as classy as being caught in the toilets getting a BJ from Megan Fox.

But as much as I love the Rockstar effect, I far prefer the feel and sound of the G.

fixed!

getting out of a Miura, after arriving with the rumble and crackle of the transverse V12 inches from your ear, and the snappy 12 chokes of fuel sucking carburettor wonderment gurgling through the intakes (rather than fly by wire throttled artificial manufactured muffler noise)...

....is as cool as arriving in a Miura with a hot chic.

• Soap Dodger

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Why do you keep going on about Miuras?  You already had a thread for Lambo vs Hyundai, this has nothing to do with anything but Gallardo and Murcielago, otherwise I would have said I'd much rather be flung through space and time on something from a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon over a Murcielago with driver-reviver from Speedy's Hayden, guess what - that wasn't in the question.

• Soap Dodger

Why do you keep going on about Miuras?  You already had a thread for Lambo vs Hyundai, this has nothing to do with anything but Gallardo and Murcielago, otherwise I would have said I'd much rather be flung through space and time on something from a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon over a Murcielago with driver-reviver from Speedy's Hayden, guess what - that wasn't in the question.

When you've experienced a good Miura.... you'll know why.

• Soap Dodger

oh, and the guy that asked the question...

well, he's has a LOT to learn!

Offline 98octane

He's not the only one  :scratchchin:

Yes, you're right, you and a few others here have Murcies and have driven Gs.  But MHH had a G for years and upgraded to the Murcie - I'm interested to hear (again?) why, and how they compare.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Howdy all. Firstly, the Miura is a gorgeous museum piece and is of no interest to me. I'd rather drive a Golf GTI than wax a Miura. I've never driven one and never want to. It's all about the driving for me and the only 2 Miuras I know aren't ever driven.

I like both the G and the Murci but the Murci has been a more satisfying ownership experience. The G might be different now but mine were unreliable. The M isn't as easy to throw around but has better steering, brakes, performance, high speed ride and "specialness". The G's I owned weren't as good to drive as an F430 - although the Balboni should be a good thing. I'm always ready for something new, but I can't find it in current the Lambo range. No hurry though as I really like my LP640 - trading this for whatever in the future will be a real wrench. 

Edit: Re-reading my post makes me realise that I haven't said enough positive stuff about the Gallardo - it is a better size for sporting driving than the M and has enormous stability in just about any conditions.  You can drive it by the scruff of its neck and it loves it.  It has better seats and equipment than the M - although neither car is as good as the Germans in this regard.  And the colour scheme inside and out on the SE Gallardo hasn't been bettered by any Lambo since.