Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Howdy all. Firstly, the Miura is a gorgeous museum piece and is of no interest to me. I'd rather drive a Golf GTI than wax a Miura. I've never driven one and never want to. It's all about the driving for me and the only 2 Miuras I know aren't ever driven.

That's a shame, and I can only assume that those Miura you know are not in good working order, or are owned by people that don't want to spend what it takes to get and keep them there.

Once a Miura is properly sorted out they are as reliable as most other classic cars. Certainly more than capable of doing 10,000km reliably in a year, providing you service them properly.

I've driven several Miuras (5 or 6), and  only 3 of them were any good. But the good ones are utterly sublime... I've driven at least 50, maybe 80 different 246 dinos too. And many of them were not GOOD initially either. There is a vast chasm of difference between a good one and an ok or a bad one.

In all the ways a GOOD 246 Dino is admired and respected, revered and loved, a GOOD Miura is like a Dino, only twice as good at everything a good Dino is.

I only keep going about them here because the cost new of a Murci is currently about the same as a GOOD Miura is worth..... at the moment.

In 5 or 7 years, there'll be half a million dollars difference in value..... in the Miuras favour and the Miura would cost no more to run than the Murci, probably less.

What other way do you have of securing yourself ~ half a mil?

For free.

never mind a way thats so much fun!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

That's a shame, and I can only assume that those Miura you know are not in good working order, or are owned by people that don't want to spend what it takes to get and keep them there.

Of the 2 Miuras I know, one is in the National Motor Museum and the other is owned by an enthusiast who isn't afraid to spend to keep his cars in good nick.  It's just that the Miura is temperamental and has never been on a club run in the 5 years I've been organising or participating in them.

Your point about the investment grade of the respective cars is well made but I've never heard of a modern Lambo owner contemplating a Miura as a hard-charging, back country supercar alternative to a Murcielago or Gallardo.  I'm sure it is adequate for the cafe life though.  Personally, I've never thought of Lambos as money making/saving things - quite the opposite: they are excellent ways of getting rid of money.  :p

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline 98octane

...  The G's I owned weren't as good to drive as an F430 - although the Balboni should be a good thing. 

Perhaps you've said this already here, but if the F430 is better to drive, why didn't you get that over your first G?  IMO, the G's looks are lightyears ahead of the F430's, and they're much less common - are these some of your reasons too?  Also, IIRC, wasn't there a significant waiting list for a new F430 at the time?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Perhaps you've said this already here, but if the F430 is better to drive, why didn't you get that over your first G?  IMO, the G's looks are lightyears ahead of the F430's, and they're much less common - are these some of your reasons too?  Also, IIRC, wasn't there a significant waiting list for a new F430 at the time?

When I bought the first G, the F430 didn't exist.  When I bought the second one (Jan 06), the F430 was on a long waiting list and unobtainable - especially at the deal I got trading my 04 G.  The first time I drove an F430 was in 06 and by that time I had my SE.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

The first time I drove an F430 was in 06 and by that time I had my SE.
i thought i was your first? :(

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

That's right - wasn't that 06?
thought you posted you drove 98 octane's first?

happy i was your first  :p :scared:  :D

Offline Pazzo Canguro

• COFFEE AND CARS...What more is their? Oh Women!!

definately would be a black balboni model for sureeeee....

but i would take any lambo at the moment....  :p

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

definately would be a black balboni model for sureeeee....

but i would take any lambo at the moment....  :p

Lambo Sydney have a green e-gear Balboni coming - it should look sensational.  :thumbsup: