Offline cel

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

muci way more than the gallardo....

and as for the murci vs miura... would take the murci every time... value in 20 years makes no difference to how much you enjoy the car

ha! BULLSHIT

go ask anyone that owned a 250 GTO 20 years ago the same thing!

Offline dkabab

ha! BULLSHIT

go ask anyone that owned a 250 GTO 20 years ago the same thing!

thats crap, just because its worth more doesnt mean you would enjoy it more. id loooooove to own a 250tr but would honestly enjoy a 550 maranello more.

• Soap Dodger

thats crap, just because its worth more doesnt mean you would enjoy it more. id loooooove to own a 250tr but would honestly enjoy a 550 maranello more.

don't be so naive... value is always a consideration..

Most people will enjoy a supercar much more if they maintain it properly.

If the car is worth nothing, more often than not, its maintenance will be skimped on, and enjoyment drops off.

Already I'm seeing 360s and 430s with cheap japcrap/korean tyres fitted.... like WTF... ??????

A Miura is also much more satisfying to drive than a Murci IMO. Yes it's slower, but so what... its personality, its charms, its faults, its aura, its  feedback, its presence are all of a purer clean quality than a Murci.

Murci is fine if you want a turn key daily driver that perfoms better than anything you'll meet on the roads...

but if you want REAL special feelings... its Miura all the way..... not even a close call IMO.

Offline dkabab

i think you're missing my point. for ME, i would rather the current/semi current exotic over a classic....
id still love to own/drive some of the classics. 250tr, 375plus, 330p etc..... but in regards to driving pleasure, id rather an f50...

• Soap Dodger

i think you're missing my point. for ME, i would rather the current/semi current exotic over a classic....
id still love to own/drive some of the classics. 250tr, 375plus, 330p etc..... but in regards to driving pleasure, id rather an f50...

you're young grasshopper, but you'll learn!

I'll give you the tip.... ANYTHING with wire wheels YOU WON'T LIKE. The wire wheel cars are just way too old school for you.

I used to hate them, I can now tolerate them 'cos I appreciate their charms and I've burned off my adrenalin urges, but I'll never own a car with wire wheels... I've been very lucky to drive numerous various of most of the models, so I have a large sample pool to learn from.... there are good ones and bad ones, but ALL wire wheeled cars are just lacking IMO. I can always feel their fragility.

My ultimate dream car is a 250 LM.. but it will HAVE to have alloy wheels on it.

F50 are great, probably the best super car to live with... nice easy controls, NEVER a chore to drive like some of the others, and have a wild turn of speed when YOU want, not unexpected like the turbo cars.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I seem to be alone on this - I like the Gallardo more than the Murci.

Offline 98octane

Murcie - purely for rockstar looks and relative rarity.  But G is probably more "useable" and still very attractive.  But never driven either.

Where's MHH?  This topic is best answered by an expert.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Murcie - purely for rockstar looks and relative rarity.  But G is probably more "useable" and still very attractive.

Short version:

Getting out of a Lambo with the doors heavenward is about as cool as being caught in the toilets getting a BJ from Megan Fox.

But as much as I love the Rockstar effect, I far prefer the feel and sound of the G.

Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor
I seem to be alone on this - I like the Gallardo more than the Murci.

+1 , it just looks so sexy and aggressive ! :D