Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Why not open the new Sydney Lambo yourself? Your family owns more Lamborghini's than the last Sydney dealer did and you can do all the service work through your contacts at your rates and charge the customers dealer rates. When you go to buy your next cars you'll be buying at wholesale which is pretty much half price... plus you can give Aussie Exotic Carbon discounts and swing some Ferrari owners over to Lambos. ;)

Thought about it, but cars are a hobby.   Looked into the idea pretty deep and came to the conclusion that cars will always be a hobby and nothing more. Unless you are the owner of large multiple dealerships then there is no money in it. In fact I know of dozens of independent car dealers that basically work for next to nothing or have made money for short term and now have lost just about everything.

If I was given the dealership rights for NSW for free I'd give it a go, but I don't predict it would bring a good ROI anytime soon if you consider buying the rights, investing in the company and then having to pay royalties for distribution rights.

I'd invest in new Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan dealerships in a heart beat, as for volatile super exotics, it would be more a labour of love than a business investment.

Maybe if MHH came back to the raging bull brand it might be worth investing ;)

Either way even if it is run at a loss it would  be fun, would be an eye opener, and would give much better sales prices to AE members (and better after sales support that I think exotic owners in NSW have been missing out on for many years now).
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
While we are talking about dealerships,

I remember even 15 years ago if you were given a low trade in price on a used car, if you bought the dealers stock he would give you a good deal.

Recently family and friends have been asking me for car buying help, lately I've noticed they will give a terrible trade in price, and they won't budge much on new or used stucker price ( ok they are playing that game) but now they also dont really include any extras, even floor mats.

Dealerships seem to be taking from both ends of customers now where as before they would give you that higher trade in price to make you feel all warm and fuzzy even though they were ripping the buyer on the sticker price.

Just an observation of how dealers attitudes have changed. Anyone else noticed this or am looking into something that isn't there?   I've had older people bring it to my attention before I actually noticed it myself.

You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline schmik325

I think it depends on the car.

I recently got a trade in price on my FPV ute on a new RR evoque and the trade price was so high I had to reconfirm it, they were also taking a good deal off the retail of the new car too.

Didn't go ahead with it though.

Online allanuber

• Name: Al
While we are talking about dealerships,

I remember even 15 years ago if you were given a low trade in price on a used car, if you bought the dealers stock he would give you a good deal.

Recently family and friends have been asking me for car buying help, lately I've noticed they will give a terrible trade in price, and they won't budge much on new or used stucker price ( ok they are playing that game) but now they also dont really include any extras, even floor mats.

Dealerships seem to be taking from both ends of customers now where as before they would give you that higher trade in price to make you feel all warm and fuzzy even though they were ripping the buyer on the sticker price.

Just an observation of how dealers attitudes have changed. Anyone else noticed this or am looking into something that isn't there?   I've had older people bring it to my attention before I actually noticed it myself.

I've had similar lately - oddly enough.

Buying something for the missus who's pregnant - so an 'adult' car rather than the stupid crap I usually buy. Dealers aren't that keen to 'deal' on regular stuff off the lot.
C'mon, do it!