Offline jamesatfish

Just wondering if anyone here has been contacted by Lamborghini re the recall for 04-06 Gallardos that made news this week?

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/lamborghini-fire-risk-20120904-25c91.html

I've only just read about this myself on a US Lambo forum, and going through the various Australian news articles that reported the recall there was a quote from a Lamborghini Australia rep (not sure who) stating that all affected owners had been contacted.  I haven't heard a peep from Lamborghini myself though my car appears to be in the affected range.

Drive's article above suggests that Lambo Sydney don't know anything about the recall which is obviously a completely different story to the comment that all owners had been contacted.

Obviously I'll be calling the new owners at Lambo Sydney on Monday to see what they have to say, but in the mean time I'm wondering if anyone else has heard anything about the recall or been contacted by Lamborghini directly?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Have you checked the ACCC website. All recalls are normally listed with them and they should have a VIN number list as well.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

VIN number range:

Identifying features
VIN: ZHWGE11M04LA00237 to ZHWGE22T66LA03425

* edit *

Here ya go - http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1028356

Offline jamesatfish

VIN number range:

Identifying features
VIN: ZHWGE11M04LA00237 to ZHWGE22T66LA03425

* edit *

Here ya go - http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1028356

Thanks Mondi - mine's LA02080 so right in the middle of that range.

A bit worrying that I hear about a potentially serious safety recall from an internet forum rather than by being contacted by the dealer who sold me the car...

Offline Cuso

A bit worrying that I hear about a potentially serious safety recall from an internet forum rather than by being contacted by the dealer who sold me the car...

The two recalls on my current car were letters from head office then a couple of days later a call from the dealership, all before it hit the media

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thanks Mondi - mine's LA02080 so right in the middle of that range.

The way the dealer network has been, you'd have a better chance of learning about it by accident on a forum.

Offline jamesatfish

The way the dealer network has been, you'd have a better chance of learning about it by accident on a forum.

I was thinking that.  The first and last time I've spoken to anyone at Sydney since they changed hands and sales reps earlier this year was a call to my mobile from someone in the showroom who just "wanted to confirm my mobile number", and then not a peep since.

Will be following up on Monday obviously and will see what they say.

Offline jamesatfish

I called the Sydney showroom this morning to ask about the recall.

I was told that they didn't have any information as "they hadn't been told anything by Lamborghini head office", but that "it doesn't matter anyway because it only affects pre-'06 models".  I guess they're too worried about potential new car sales being affected by the recall to have time to inform themselves about the actual issues to allay the concerns of their existing owners.

Thankfully Chris in service was more helpful and is looking into exactly what's involved in the recall and what work needs to be performed.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

WTF??? It's on the ACCC website, they must have some idea about what's going on!!

This is very poor work, surely something of this importance would be on the radar at least!!

:irked:

Offline quattro_joe

• Formula Euro

• Drives: Audi
I called the Sydney showroom this morning to ask about the recall.

I was told that they didn't have any information as "they hadn't been told anything by Lamborghini head office", but that "it doesn't matter anyway because it only affects pre-'06 models".  I guess they're too worried about potential new car sales being affected by the recall to have time to inform themselves about the actual issues to allay the concerns of their existing owners.

Thankfully Chris in service was more helpful and is looking into exactly what's involved in the recall and what work needs to be performed.

Heard the same thing. My mate with his Pre 06' Lambo Gallardo only found out through me telling him about the SMH article with the ACCC recall!