Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Ya know – this shit really amazes me. We are not talking about Foulcans and Crappydoors here, these are supposed to be high end sports cars that owners have paid a fair pocket of coin for…   

It seems by the feedback from most of you that dealing with the Dealers is like smacking your head against a brick wall only with more pain!! I don’t understand this one bit…..

Offline jamesatfish

WTF??? It's on the ACCC website, they must have some idea about what's going on!!

This is very poor work, surely something of this importance would be on the radar at least!!

:irked:

My feelings exactly.  Whilst I find it very hard to believe that Lambo would post the details to the ACCC before telling their own dealer network, once the recall became public early last week I would have thought the dealerships would be scrambling to find out what is going on, look up their customer lists and make phone calls to all affected owners.

I've just been through a recall process with my Kawasaki ZX-6R - a motorbike worth less than $15K - and I had 3 letters from the factory telling me about the recall and a couple of direct phone calls because I was overseas at the time the recall was announced so hadn't yet booked it in for the repairs to be made.

How on earth can Kawasaki get it right on such a large scale but Lambo can't manage to contact the owners of around 70 cars in a week?

Offline blackr35

Given Lambo service in SA is through Ben at Porsche - any more luck for SA owners - Tom?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I called the Sydney showroom this morning to ask about the recall.

I was told that they didn't have any information as "they hadn't been told anything by Lamborghini head office", but that "it doesn't matter anyway because it only affects pre-'06 models". 

Not true about the pre-06 aparently. My Aussie delivered 06 vin number falls inside the affected vin range. Apparently they have no news about the recall.

I'm starting to think maybe it is an insurance company that has recently paid out a car that caught fire because of this and the accc has jumped the gun without a proper investigation.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline schmik325

No affiliation but this company in the UK seems to think its common

http://www.bhpmsport.com/gallardo_power_steering_line_upgrade_for_sale_(np-0000000179).html

Apparently is a real PITA to fit as well.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

No affiliation but this company in the UK seems to think its common

http://www.bhpmsport.com/gallardo_power_steering_line_upgrade_for_sale_(np-0000000179).html

Apparently is a real PITA to fit as well.

That's from 2008???

I'm confused.

I've known for several years about the power steer line failure and recall, but this thread seemed to suggest a new recall has happened just recently.

I'm not aware of a new recall, and would like to know if there is a new one???

Anyone??

I can call a few people to find out I guess, but I'm curious as to what the OP thinks the recall is for.

Is it that some cars never got recalled yet?? Or is it a FURTHER recall to the same part??

or is it another recall that happens to be for power steering line..... again.... but maybe a different one??

Offline jamesatfish

I can call a few people to find out I guess, but I'm curious as to what the OP thinks the recall is for.

The point of my thread is that I have precisely ZERO idea why my car is being recalled.

I wasn't aware of any previous recall nor history of power steering line failures in these cars.  I don't have a history with Lamborghini prior to this car nor do I have any mechanical knowledge so I have no idea what may have been recalled or modified in the past.  All I know at this point is:

1. A recall notice appeared on the ACCC website last week, dated September 2012, stating that certain Gallardo models are being recalled by Lamborghini due to the risk of puncture in the power steering line.  This seems like a 'new' recall from what I can tell.

2. I am waiting for someone at Lamborghini to talk to me and tell me what is going on, how it affects my car (which falls in the VIN range) and what is going to be done to fix it.

Beyond that, I have no idea.

Offline YMCMB

Spoke to Lamoborghini today as my car falls within the noted VINs. Service centre seemed to know about the recall and after running my VIN in their portal advised me that it required the steering line fix. Parts are being ordered from Italy and should arrive within a  couple of weeks. Due to the recall, there is no cost for the fix.  Tech assumed maybe 1/2 days to carry out the install depending on workload.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Oh, is that why me and mhh broke down back in '07 or whatever?

Offline jamesatfish

Spoke to Lamoborghini today as my car falls within the noted VINs. Service centre seemed to know about the recall and after running my VIN in their portal advised me that it required the steering line fix. Parts are being ordered from Italy and should arrive within a  couple of weeks. Due to the recall, there is no cost for the fix.  Tech assumed maybe 1/2 days to carry out the install depending on workload.

Thanks for that info - sounds pretty straight forward once they get the parts sent over.  Hopefully it's as smooth a process as they describe.

Just curious - did you call Lamborghini yourself or did they contact you?  Which dealership?