Offline Rent A Dream Car

• Drives: TVR Tamora, Ferrari 360, Lamborghini Gallardo, Lotus Elise
  • Name: Call me Tyrek
I got a call today from the local dealer, so they are on the ball
Dream It. Drive it!

Offline jamesatfish

I spoke with the service advisor at Lambo Sydney today, who confirmed that my car is indeed affected by the recall.  They have ordered parts from Italy and expect them within a few weeks, with the actual repair work likely to take a few days at least once the parts arrive.

They advised that regular commuting in the car is *probably* OK in the mean time but that my planned trips to Wakefield and the Cooma 1000 sprint should be put on hold until the repair work is completed.

I'm glad to know that the process is underway and things will be fixed at no cost to me, but I'm still a little disappointed that I had to find out about the recall from an internet forum rather than a phone call from the dealer who sold me the car.  Oh well - I guess I signed up for unpredictability when I sold a Porsche to pick up an Italian instead...  :?

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
I cant believe the recall has taken so long when so many cars have caught fire because of it.

I got a call today from the local dealer, so they are on the ball

I wonder if they are on the ball because its been brought up on this site.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Oh well - I guess I signed up for unpredictability when I sold a Porsche to pick up an Italian instead...  :?

Don't mention the war, FF will get all funny about it again.......      :doh:

Offline YMCMB

Updated in 24 hours, thanks Lamborghini Sydney  :thumbsup:

Offline jamesatfish

Updated in 24 hours, thanks Lamborghini Sydney  :thumbsup:

Good to hear they fixed things so quickly.

I'm still waiting for them to call me to let me know the parts have arrived - here's hoping they call tomorrow.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
The gallardo recall actually affects more cars than the vin numbers represented by this thread.

I have an 08 G that keeps loosing power steering fluid, rang Italy to ask where the hell I take my cars for recall work since Sydney lambo closed down  and 4 weeks later they come back and say Melbourne will organize transport and recall work on all my lamborghinis (not just for The Gallardos but also on a lp640 and lp700).

So even if your Gallardo never fell in the original recall vin range for the power steering fluid lines, still ring lambo Melbourne up and see for sure. (beats having your car go up in flames)
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The gallardo recall actually affects more cars than the vin numbers represented by this thread.

I have an 08 G that keeps loosing power steering fluid, rang Italy to ask where the hell I take my cars for recall work since Sydney lambo closed down  and 4 weeks later they come back and say Melbourne will organize transport and recall work on all my lamborghinis (not just for The Gallardos but also on a lp640 and lp700).

So even if your Gallardo never fell in the original recall vin range for the power steering fluid lines, still ring lambo Melbourne up and see for sure. (beats having your car go up in flames)

Since you are a multiple Lambo owner, you'd hope they would help.

The lack of a Sydney dealer is an embarrassment to the company no doubt.

Offline fivesix

you picked up a 700?

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Sydney lambo closed down  and 4 weeks later they come back and say Melbourne will organize transport and recall work on all my lamborghinis (not just for The Gallardos but also on a lp640 and lp700).

Why not open the new Sydney Lambo yourself? Your family owns more Lamborghini's than the last Sydney dealer did and you can do all the service work through your contacts at your rates and charge the customers dealer rates. When you go to buy your next cars you'll be buying at wholesale which is pretty much half price... plus you can give Aussie Exotic Carbon discounts and swing some Ferrari owners over to Lambos. ;)