Offline iwantaredferrari

• iwant-another-redferrari

• Drives: Ferrari 360 Modena
Recommend any UK freight forwarding agents?

Offline UKKAUS

I use Steve at Cargo Online, Sydney based and very reliable. I can also help with sourcing, viewings and enclosed transportation. Let me know if you want his details, i've done quite a few with him ( UK to Aus ). Let me know if you want any advice / help.  :scratchchin:

Offline MissLogistics

• That chick from AustOrient

Recommend any UK freight forwarding agents?

Hi , I can assist you, refer to my profile under Vendor - Austorient Motorsport Logistics
We ship hundreds of prestige / race vehicles a year via air and seafreight, I represent the best Uk agent !!
If you send me your email address I'll forward you information on how to proceed.

regards Deborah Robinson
Austorient Motorsport Logistics
mobile 0400 378 043

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
If UKKAUS is the guru... what does that make Debs, Me and Mondi32?  :D... swami?

Debs is the best, she's just ACE ;)

For the record, Nick Wright at Chief Logistics is a superb car shipper too... UK based, and top service with NO fuss and sensible prices.

But Debs has better legs.

Offline UKKAUS

If UKKAUS is the guru... what does that make Debs, Me and Mondi32?  :D... swami?

Debs is the best, she's just ACE ;)

For the record, Nick Wright at Chief Logistics is a superb car shipper too... UK based, and top service with NO fuss and sensible prices.

But Debs has better legs.

You've not seen Steve's legs

Offline Vince

Hey guys, new to the scene. Im hopin someone could correct me if im wrong but im after a 2004 gallardo which i have found one in the uk for 54,000 pounds (approx. AUD$88,000) and have costed LCT, GST, shipping/freight, customs duty, compliance etc.. to be approx AUD$40k, totalling $128,000 plus on road costs and insurance. These bad boys go for AUD$240,000 here same year, make and model. Seems to me like an absolute saving is there something im missing to suggest otherwise??
I have checked RAWS and SEVS and both list this vehcile.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
other than purchase price, I think you've miscalculated.

But anyway, EVERYONE is onto it already. If you buy this car, it will be worth only a small fraction more than it costs you to get here.

EVERYONE knows how much cars cost to import lately.

Buy it, it's a great car. But don't think you're going to make much profit, if any, if you try to sell it.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Hey guys, new to the scene. Im hopin someone could correct me if im wrong but im after a 2004 gallardo which i have found one in the uk for 54,000 pounds (approx. AUD$88,000) and have costed LCT, GST, shipping/freight, customs duty, compliance etc.. to be approx AUD$40k, totalling $128,000 plus on road costs and insurance. These bad boys go for AUD$240,000 here same year, make and model. Seems to me like an absolute saving is there something im missing to suggest otherwise??
I have checked RAWS and SEVS and both list this vehcile.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers.

I can't help with the importing costs, but don't confuse local asking price with the actual sale price.  An asking price of $240K can become a selling price of say $200K pretty quickly.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

When are we actually going to see someone import one post talking about it on here? We should encourage at least one person to do it and actually document the real prices (not historical ones from a few years back)...

Offline Vince

other than purchase price, I think you've miscalculated.

But anyway, EVERYONE is onto it already. If you buy this car, it will be worth only a small fraction more than it costs you to get here.

EVERYONE knows how much cars cost to import lately.

Buy it, it's a great car. But don't think you're going to make much profit, if any, if you try to sell it.

would you be able to point out which part i have miscalculated?