Offline Paulstar

Interesting, if you have the frame surely you can import a damaged car probably in 2 halves. I guess the crux of the matter would be whether or not your chassis can be registered? You said it was built for racing...

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Interesting, if you have the frame surely you can import a damaged car probably in 2 halves. I guess the crux of the matter would be whether or not your chassis can be registered? You said it was built for racing...

That is what just crossed my mind aswell, I thought you had to get the chassis engineered and approved by the RTA first before doing anything else? Then I thought there was a few other inspections along the way as the car takes shape.....

For me personally, I would just buy a 360 and thrash the crap out of it, no hassel, cheaper to maintain, still looks hot and you can legally drive it around the streets with no smart ass cops giving  you trouble.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
You can import all the parts you like, but you cannot register a chassis without an import approval or previous registration record.

You're essentially building a home kit, it can be engineered and certified and ultimately registered, but it will be whatever the chassis donor was. It most certainly won't be a Lamborghini or whatever the parts are from.

Not worth the hassle IMO.

Just get an LS9 for ~$17k.. and a Holinger or Hewland or Albins or whatever transaxle, more power than you'll ever need, sound pretty good, easy to package, cheap to fix, and up and running for fractions of the price..

Offline BLUEFISH

Yes the racing chasis is engineered appropriately and can be registered

Obviously for a one time build - it would have to have engineering check along the build - but off the shelf were it is proved to meet ADR - its no issue

One item is if its so much like the original - it will need to have airbags and all the bells/whistles as original - hence could have the wrecked VIN from salvaged vehicle - if it can be appropriately assigned according to the rules etc

It depends on the engineer and his mood

Only two in Victoria and 3 in NSW that I know are able to do this - more in other states - Hoons I guess equate for demand

Interesting to get some details from you guys - just wanting to make this reality

cheers

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

IMHO, if you want to do this, get the lambo bits and bobs and put them in something like this

(photo from flamey)