Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Honestly, all the import gallardos ive seen have not pleased me what so ever ! They all have an odd aura about them, there always modified, or the car looks allot more worn than the kms suggests etc.

I've had both, the Aussie 06 I had smelt of cigarettes and drivers side interior had some ware. My import 06 which I bought in 2009 from a private seller in Knightsbridge in London, with less than 5000km on it was absolutely mint. Guy hardly drove it because he was a Pakistani banker who spent most of his time in Dubai ( took months to organise to see the car). I only sold both of them in November and December. The import one sold straight away for $225k (22 000km), the Aussie delivered took a month and sold at $200k (30 000km). My Aussie car is now in Adelaide and the import is in QLD near Townsville.

The imports that come over now are generally pretty shit as the good ones were snapped up years ago, but at least they are good value for money now. Having said that the older Aussie are are getting pretty worn out now as well...   Judge the car on its merits, not on weather it has a silve, purple or green compliance plate.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

who does the raws for this cars? I might have access to a SL

A superleggera can't be imported under raws at all. They use the vin numbers to determine what cars can and can't come through under raws. The sl vins won't be accepted. The only reason a couple spiders came through was because of the vin numbers and not because of the body type ;)

Need to personal import it if you really want it. But if you are going to bring it to on sell it your car won't be worth what you think it will be (unless you don't mind selling it as the cheapest Gallardo in australia.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

http://www.raws.com.au/SEVSRuling.asp?RulingID=295

I've dealt personally with both the two first Sydney guys. The first guys are cheap but generally pretty slow.

The second guys are expensive, a little faster sometimes, and will charge you for things that never got changed. I got charged for tyres that were the originals from the UK, when confronted they only halved the tyre fee?????
So basically sharks.

If I had to choose again I'd go to the guys on the top of the list, but don't expect any miracles.

Offline insurance4you

A superleggera can't be imported under raws at all. They use the vin numbers to determine what cars can and can't come through under raws. The sl vins won't be accepted. The only reason a couple spiders came through was because of the vin numbers and not because of the body type ;)

Need to personal import it if you really want it. But if you are going to bring it to on sell it your car won't be worth what you think it will be (unless you don't mind selling it as the cheapest Gallardo in australia.

Thanks mate :(

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

maybe a Gallardo SE

Yup there are a few SE's that have come under raws, depends on vin number still

Offline insurance4you

Yup there are a few SE's that have come under raws, depends on vin number still

Hopefully, It can be brought in. Looks good :)