Offline BobbyJem

• Just Engine Management

• Drives: R34 gtr, R34 gtr, Porsche, Sti
  • Name: Bobby
We will be installing a Titan kit to a Gallardo in the next two week. We will post pics and vids of the car.

Offline Blk560

• Drives: Gallardo,,cayenne turbo

Offline jamesatfish

The car is ready for surgery. Bring it on

I'm assuming from your screen name you've got an LP560? 

What's the expected power gain from the work?  Are you just doing bolt-on upgrades or engine internals as well?

Keen so see some pics of the car and the build process, and some before-and-after dyno graphs.  Will you be taking it to the track or something like the Cooma 1000 to test the results in the real world?

Good luck with the build.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline Blk560

The car is a lp140 witch had a engine change in the uk with a 560 motor that got forge pistons and head work done. The power figures can be quite high but been only a two drive we will be capping around the 800 mark witch is more than enough to have some serious and reliable fun in. I had spoken to a few places about doin this conversion and bobby from Jem was the only real person that explained things simply and was very honest, not like some people that promise everything just to take your money's as it is a great handful of cash.

Offline jamesatfish

The car is a lp140 witch had a engine change in the uk with a 560 motor that got forge pistons and head work done. The power figures can be quite high but been only a two drive we will be capping around the 800 mark witch is more than enough to have some serious and reliable fun in. I had spoken to a few places about doin this conversion and bobby from Jem was the only real person that explained things simply and was very honest, not like some people that promise everything just to take your money's as it is a great handful of cash.

Thanks - you certainly have me intrigued. I assume the original engine had a major failure to require replacement? Did you find it difficult dropping the direct injection motor into the car?

Looking forward to seeing your build.

Offline Blk560

I really could not answer that as i brought the car with the engine conversions done aready.

Offline jamesatfish

I really could not answer that as i brought the car with the engine conversions done aready.

No problems. 

Sorry for all the questions - am interested to follow your TT build out of curiosity, but the engine swap has grabbed my attention as I don't think I've come across a pre-LP Gallardo with that swap before. 

Would love to see how it all fitted into the engine bay if you are able to share some pics of the conversion.

Offline Blk560

Ok just found engine paperwork,its a 5.0l new block with 20thou oversized forged pistons and head porting to stage 3 wot ever that means,i new there was a 5 and a 2 somewhere in all this,but bobby will post pictures of the car next week and while the build comes together with before and after dyno runs,hope that helps