Offline atlasz8z

Hello,

Can anyone put me on to someone who can get Australian Compliance approval for a 03 Murcielago importing from London?

Thanks

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hi,

is this a personal import, that is have you owned the car for more then 12 months over seas and had an overseas address any time during that 12 months???

Otherwise you are going to have a hard time getting one in the country, it needs to appear of the SEVS list - which it does:

http://www.raws.com.au/SEVSRuling.asp?RulingID=296

And then it needs to have a RAWS workshop that can comply the vehicle, which it does not!!!

The only RAWS listing for an 03 Lambo is for the Gallardo.

http://www.raws.com.au/SEVSRulingC.asp?RulingID=295

You could talk to one of the RAWS listed on the above link to see but these lists are normally up-to-date.

Cheers.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
someone i know just got a 550 from the UK...i was surprised to find them on that list.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Yeah, there is quite a few Ferrari's on the list.

My Bro-in-law was going to buy a 355 from the UK, it was 30k(pounds) so I'm not sure if that's a good price or if the 355 was a POS. But once he found out how much the RAWS was going to cost he backed out. Almost $40k plus extras.

Original purchase price + shipping + taxes + RAWS + ORC = buy one here for the same price almost. 

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
btw....that sort of difference in compliance costs btwn a pre '89 car and a later car seems a bit ridiculous, doesn't it?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

DON"T GET ME STARTED.  :agro:

I had a new shape Mustang offered to me by a bloke I know in the US.
It was a company Managers car, Silver with grey leather interior, V8 and optioned with some "go fast" bits. 2007 model, only just 12 months old.
Very nice looking car. I could have had it for $9K US. So about $10K our money, plus shipping plus taxes if I did it myself.
I could have had it here for about $18K. But no, I had to bring it in via a RAWS. They wanted to charge me lots of extras, importing fees, etc, etc.
And on top of that, I had to pay $36,000 to had the car converted(something I can do myself) and complied, plus GST, plus the cost of a new set of tyres. I stopped adding to up once it got past the $60k mark.  :agro:

IT's BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT.

I can bring in an Elise and have the RAWS done for $13k + GST + new tyres. Don't ask my what the thing with the tyres is all about, but all the cars I have ever enquired about  with the RAWS are the same, RAWS fees + GST + "Tyres". The Elise is by far the cheapest import to have done.

So why is the Mustang almost $40k which is the same as a 355. Why does it cost $40k to have the 355 done anyway????????? I can understand that the Stang needs to be converted to RHD but there is nothing to it, you can buy a RHD dash/firewall/steering for one, $2k US. It's not a hard job, no welding, it just bolts in. But you can't do it yourself, it has to be done by the RAWS.

The whole idea of the SEVS originally was to identify vehicles of a special kind, and have a system in place so they could be imported under special conditions.  But you can thank Toyota, Nissan, Mazda and any of the other motor company's that Lobbied Canberra at the time to put the RAWS system in place, just so their market share was not effected by imported vehicles.  :gnasher:

Anyway, that's off my chest until it fires me up again  ;)

Offline atlasz8z

Hello, Thanks for your reply. I've owned the car in London for 14 months, therefore it would be a personal import. I guess this simplifies the process of getting this car on the road in Australia. Do I still go through Raws? And is a Murcielago able to get approval in Australia as a personal import even though its not on the Sevs list? Cheers.

Hi,

is this a personal import, that is have you owned the car for more then 12 months over seas and had an overseas address any time during that 12 months???

Otherwise you are going to have a hard time getting one in the country, it needs to appear of the SEVS list - which it does:

http://www.raws.com.au/SEVSRuling.asp?RulingID=296

And then it needs to have a RAWS workshop that can comply the vehicle, which it does not!!!

The only RAWS listing for an 03 Lambo is for the Gallardo.

http://www.raws.com.au/SEVSRulingC.asp?RulingID=295

You could talk to one of the RAWS listed on the above link to see but these lists are normally up-to-date.

Cheers.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Hello, Thanks for your reply. I've owned the car in London for 14 months, therefore it would be a personal import. I guess this simplifies the process of getting this car on the road in Australia. Do I still go through Raws? And is a Murcielago able to get approval in Australia as a personal import even though its not on the Sevs list? Cheers.

S4Simon on here brought his Esprit in from the UK after owning it over there for some time, and said it was no hassle at all.  As to the SEVS and RAWS stuff - I don't know much about that.

Offline Kelsa

• Token Asian Guy
  • Crazy Chinaman @ Work

is the 15 year old car import rule still apply ?

or is it now any car before 1989?