Offline trev0006

• Chief video spammer

• Drives: Miss Daisy
  • Name: Trevbot

from the article:
Lamborghini released a teaser image a few days ago serving as an announcement for a new concept set to be introduced next week at the Paris Motor Show and it seems the attached images match the profile of the car shown in the teaser pic. Details about the vehicle are not known at this moment but it will likely be called “Asterion", with a lightning bolt above the "o" which could indicate a hybrid setup.

2 pictures and full article

Fast cars and fast motorcycle video collection

Offline a.taylor

Curious, I had assumed it was going to be another in their line of 4 door concepts. This almost looks like a sub Huracan model.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Offline JBO

maybe...but we dont have long to wait....October 1 reveal.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline JBO

A bit more....

Lamborghini is set to unveil its first-ever plug-in hybrid concept at the Paris motor show. The mid-engined Asterion LPI 910-4 runs a 449kW 5.2-litre V10 as used in the Huracan. Coupled to this is a trio of electric motors that add a further 220kW for a total of 669kW. The Asterion accelerates to 100km/h in 3.0-seconds and on to a top speed of 320km/h and features an electric-only range of 50km. According to the leaked press release obtained by evo Australia, "This is how Lamborghini prepares for the future with the Asterion, the first hyper cruiser."

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
0-100 in 3 seconds is a bit disappointing.

I'm not saying that is slow, but to put it in perspective the 918 does it in 2.2, and I'm guessing the LaF and P1 probably are in the 2.5-2.6 second range

Offline JBO

I don't think Porsche ever claimed a 2.2 second time to 100 but in testing it's done it as evidenced by that graph. What a weapon!
However assuming Lambo have been conservative with their claim there is no reason the Asterion couldn't also dip into the 2 second bracket in real world testing.
Either that or they've oversold it massively and it only does it in 4 seconds!!!!
Time will tell...!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I don't think Porsche ever claimed a 2.2 second time to 100 but in testing it's done it as evidenced by that graph. What a weapon!
However assuming Lambo have been conservative with their claim there is no reason the Asterion couldn't also dip into the 2 second bracket in real world testing.
Either that or they've oversold it massively and it only does it in 4 seconds!!!!
Time will tell...!

Porsche claims 2.6 sec 0-100km/h

Lambo doesn't do conservative figures. :;

All a moot point re the Asterion as it exists only in someone's mind at the moment.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Porsche claims 2.6 sec 0-100km/h

Lambo doesn't do conservative figures. :;

All a moot point re the Asterion as it exists only in someone's mind at the moment.

yes, Lamborghini and conservative are not 2 words that belong in the same sentence.

However Porsche are renowned for understating their cars' performance.