Offline Ferrariadvocates

Thanks Allan,

It was a long painstaking process.

It consisted of a lot of going back and forth. I had my graphics designer Photoshop the car with most of the features I wanted including the colour I wanted so I started the process knowing what I wanted exactly. It took months to get a lot of the personal requests approved, at the end as you see it was all completed. Lamborghini did take their time in building my car and as I recall I think it was one of the longest builds. Painting the car alone took a while, let alone all the other requests like the embroidery which I was told that they had to break a few needles just to put my signature on the carpet, hence why only one carpet has it, the other is coming later!. Everything had to be approved and I guess it comes down to your reputation with the company etc... They did say that these requests wouldn't be performed again as they fall outside their Ad Personam boundaries.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I can get some matching leather lingerie done with your signature and custom embroidery if you like....... :p

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Thanks Allan,

It was a long painstaking process.

It consisted of a lot of going back and forth. I had my graphics designer Photoshop the car with most of the features I wanted including the colour I wanted so I started the process knowing what I wanted exactly. It took months to get a lot of the personal requests approved, at the end as you see it was all completed. Lamborghini did take their time in building my car and as I recall I think it was one of the longest builds. Painting the car alone took a while, let alone all the other requests like the embroidery which I was told that they had to break a few needles just to put my signature on the carpet, hence why only one carpet has it, the other is coming later!. Everything had to be approved and I guess it comes down to your reputation with the company etc... They did say that these requests wouldn't be performed again as they fall outside their Ad Personam boundaries.

Fantastic effort. Have you still got any of the original photoshops around?

Great story mate, do a coffee table book, I'll buy one and you'll have recouped 0.00000001% of the project   :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Offline Ferrariadvocates

Fantastic effort. Have you still got any of the original photoshops around?

Great story mate, do a coffee table book, I'll buy one and you'll have recouped 0.00000001% of the project   :)

Hahaha, great idea... Yeah I'll upload some pictures later tonight.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
It was just a bit too expensive when I asked for a quote on the Speciale. I might rethink on whatever comes next. The waiting around isn't much fun.

I'm sure the dealer and importer are making a decent cut. Give Custom Agency Services a call in Adelaide and try get a quote for the air freight and all the paperwork.

Offline Ferrariadvocates

Some pics as promised... I have to dig through some files for more but I didn't keep much of a trace surprisingly cause it has been a process that has taken so long.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Did the Ad Personam thing limit your ability to negotiate price?

Offline Ferrariadvocates

It sort of did, they have tightened up on discounts etc now. Today order a custom made car is a full cost project, every little item costs a fair bit. If it was floor stock or a normal stock item then you can expect to bargain to some extent.

With this, you pretty much have to bite the bullet and you either do it for yourself or you don't.

Now if you're sick of waiting for your Speciale, you know I have 2 that I can show you ;)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

It sort of did, they have tightened up on discounts etc now. Today order a custom made car is a full cost project, every little item costs a fair bit. If it was floor stock or a normal stock item then you can expect to bargain to some extent.

With this, you pretty much have to bite the bullet and you either do it for yourself or you don't.

That makes sense, ta.