Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I read somewhere last night that the replacement for the Murcielago might be displayed at the Geneva Motor Show in March next year.  Hell, that's not far off.  :cool:

Offline dkabab

top gear mentioned the SV being the last hoorah with the new model coming out 'next year'.... so makes sence

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
i can't decide if that makes an SV a good buy or not. On the one hand it's the horniest murci yet, but it's about to be outdated with a new model which will probably perform as well if not better and possibly be cheaper.

TG also mentioned the end of that V12.....whatever that means.

I love my car.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
i can't decide if that makes an SV a good buy or not. On the one hand it's the horniest murci yet, but it's about to be outdated with a new model which will probably perform as well if not better and possibly be cheaper.

I felt the same way about the Challenge Stradale.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I felt the same way about the Challenge Stradale.

and you were right...but it's not quite the same. the replacement, while faster, was still a V8 and similar to look at.......so the CS wasn't the last of anything, really.

the SV might be a future flop because what replaces it is so good, or a major boom because it's the last of everything.
I love my car.

Offline dkabab

and the SV was faster lighter and cheaper than the reventon.... wonder how the reventon prices are going?
that said they only made about 25?

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
TG also mentioned the end of that V12.....whatever that means.

The V12 used in the Murcielago is still related to the V12 used in the Miura, it just has been enlarged with each model.

From the reports that have been coming through on the SV I would think that it will be become a classic like the SE30 Diablo. Sort of a cult status.

Offline grigio 6.0

• Drives: LP670 SV, F360 Spider
Has anyone seen the picture in Road and Track magazine depicting the Murcielago replacement? If that is in fact the replacement then it's goodnight to every other car maker. Well, it's always been the case with Lamborghini that they shred the opposition but this is way out there.

Offline super squalo

• Drives: anything you put petrol in
i hope this is close to the real thing :thumbsup:
awesome :D
try it you may like !!!

Back from the Dead

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Here are some of the very first spy shots of the Lamborghini Murcielago successor in full body form.

The supercar, allegedly to be renamed the Jota, was caught doing some winter testing in sub-zero temperatures on a VW/Audi test track somewhere in Scandinavia. Our spy photographer reports that the temperature was around -25C (-13F).

The Jota is expected to be about the same size as the Murcielago - as judged by our spy photographer. But it will come with some serious upgrading, including a new V12, direct-injection engine with around 700 hp. The successor to the Murcielago will also be lighter, substituting the current steel tube latticework for an aluminum space frame. Body paneling will be made of carbon fiber and the doors and roof possibly out of aluminum.

A new all-wheel drive system from Swedish supplier Haldex is also rumored.

Design-wise the Jota will be borrowing some styling cues from the Estoque and Reventon. But as is obvious from the photos here of an all-in-black test vehicle, the car remains the archetypal, lane-straddling Lamborghini.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110011524026/lamborghini-jota-murcielago-successor-spied-winter-testing