Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
I think the DCTs are quite a bit bigger than the single clutch. Maybe they couldn't get it to fit under the rear push rod suspension system?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Yes, the gearbox is a long way from the tub. A V12 with a DCT is a long drivetrain, better suited to a front engined car. In fact, is there a mid engined V12 with a double clutch anywhere?

Ok so length is the issue. A DCT would alter the wheelbase, so they either find the room at the front of the engine (tub alterations) or at the back of the engine which would likely be more difficult as the driveshafts have to end up at pretty much the same spot.

Where are the fuel tanks in an Aventador? Saddle bag style beside the engine or incorporated into the tub behind the passenger cell like an F50?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Interesting reading.....

So there is still a glimmer of hope that it may be a DCT.

By the way Mark - What are you thoughts on the single clutch now that you have owned it for a few days?

If you have time tomorrow, I would like to see your new baby.....

I've got lots of experience with a single clutch Lambo and this isn't so different to the others. I haven't driven over 80km/h so it's a bit premature to comment definitively, but it's pretty useless as an automatic so I'm using manual mode. It's a bit like driving a regular manual too in that you are conscious of the need to time the shift and modulate the throttle slightly for smoothness. It feels a bit old-school - like the rest of the car really. In Sport mode, the throttle is very sensitive. It's not a car you car jump in and drive mindlessly to the shops. It requires and rewards concentration. It's begging for a run on the open road - getting paint protection later this week first though.

Re tomorrow, see what I can do. 😀

Offline dkabab

I didn't notice. Does it need 2nd gear around town like the lp

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I've got lots of experience with a single clutch Lambo and this isn't so different to the others. I haven't driven over 80km/h so it's a bit premature to comment definitively, but it's pretty useless as an automatic so I'm using manual mode. It's a bit like driving a regular manual too in that you are conscious of the need to time the shift and modulate the throttle slightly for smoothness. It feels a bit old-school - like the rest of the car really. In Sport mode, the throttle is very sensitive. It's not a car you car jump in and drive mindlessly to the shops. It requires and rewards concentration. It's begging for a run on the open road - getting paint protection later this week first though.

Re tomorrow, see what I can do. 😀

That's what I was worried about.

Sometimes it's just so nice in traffic in the 458 not having to worry about frying the clutch...
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Ben

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I didn't notice. Does it need 2nd gear around town like the lp

I'm in 3rd and 4th mostly. I discovered last night that putting it in Corsa opens the exhaust all the time.  :mischief: