Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Owning both, I don't buy the intangibles thing. The areas where one beats the other are distinct. The Ferrari has areas where it is clearly better than the Mac and vice versa. Which car you prefer depends on what you want from a car. Ferrari attributes like throttle response, engine sound, handling etc are quite tangible to me.

Is engine sound tangible??
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
No Touch, just more feel perhaps....

Which is probably where the term Touchy, feel comes from....
May the Horse be with you....

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Owning both, I don't buy the intangibles thing. The areas where one beats the other are distinct. The Ferrari has areas where it is clearly better than the Mac and vice versa. Which car you prefer depends on what you want from a car. Ferrari attributes like throttle response, engine sound, handling etc are quite tangible to me.

You are certainly right; but I would say the Ferrari has more soul than the McLaren. I think "soul" is an intangible, perhaps made up of a whole variey of small nuances. The Ferrari has it in spades for whatever reason; but the McLaren feels a bit "clinical" in comparison.

In any case at this level they are all stupendous cars and you really can't go wrong whatever you choose.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

No Touch, just more feel perhaps....

Which is probably where the term Touchy, feel comes from....

No, it comes from something completely different but due to a restraining order I can't say any more...

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

You are certainly right; but I would say the Ferrari has more soul than the McLaren. I think "soul" is an intangible, perhaps made up of a whole variey of small nuances. The Ferrari has it in spades for whatever reason; but the McLaren feels a bit "clinical" in comparison.

In any case at this level they are all stupendous cars and you really can't go wrong whatever you choose.

The open roof is so big a part of the driving experience in the Mac that it is hard to make a compare for me. I was never attracted to the 12C coupe and I'm still not. The 458 is more involving at low speeds (better sound, crisper responses to commands) but the extra pace of 12C and being open to the elements levels the score. Then ownership attributes come into play but that's a whole different ball of wax. Lambo has its work cut out to improve its poor reputation for service, that's for sure.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

The open roof is so big a part of the driving experience in the Mac that it is hard to make a compare for me. I was never attracted to the 12C coupe and I'm still not. The 458 is more involving at low speeds (better sound, crisper responses to commands) but the extra pace of 12C and being open to the elements levels the score. Then ownership attributes come into play but that's a whole different ball of wax. Lambo has its work cut out to improve its poor reputation for service, that's for sure.

I didn't take the convertible aspect into account. When you are going hard do you drive with the roof up or down, or is it more of an around town sort of thing?

I'm tempted to say that the service will improve with a big organization like Zagame; but I think it depends on the people on the ground.
I haven't met any of the Lambo staff; but my experience is hot and cold with the Ferrari end of things.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy

I haven't met any of the Lambo staff; but my experience is hot and cold with the Ferrari end of things.
They are mostly guys from Stillwell BMW back when i bought the first M3. You probably know them.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I didn't take the convertible aspect into account. When you are going hard do you drive with the roof up or down, or is it more of an around town sort of thing?

Always roof down unless it is raining or stinking hot. Then I have the back window down.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

They are mostly guys from Stillwell BMW back when i bought the first M3. You probably know them.

I know Damien the spare parts guy; but nobody else as far as I know.