Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

I think BB went back to standard rack too though didn't he??

No, I don't think so - though he did damage a rack when a nana nap took him over a gutter. :eek:
Why such a long face?

Offline myfazzman1

• Be prepared.Improvise, Adapt and overcome

Offline myfazzman1

Many years ago I had the privilege to work on and drive this one....

Offline myfazzman1

A pig to drive...the foetal position nearly left me crippled for life, but would have one in a heartbeat....this old girl was a "la periscopa" and you could actually see what was behind you!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
A pig to drive...the foetal position nearly left me crippled for life, but would have one in a heartbeat....this old girl was a "la periscopa" and you could actually see what was behind you!

The perisope is non-functional; but visibility in a countach is no worse than anything else of that layout.
The LP 400 periscopica is top of the collectibility tree; but the low roof makes headroom tough. The LP400 series 2 had a higher roof and they are fine in my experience.

Offline myfazzman1

Scott I have driven a few Countach's over the years....agree with your comments....however visibility out the rear on cars with a wing on them is non-existent.  Ditto the QV with the raised engine cover!

And I prefer a wing!!!

By the way, not sure if you know this but the First production Countach after the prototype was delivered to Oz to an Aussie...

Joe Sackey tells me this old girl is still in Oz...

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Scott I have driven a few Countach's over the years....agree with your comments....however visibility out the rear on cars with a wing on them is non-existent.  Ditto the QV with the raised engine cover!

And I prefer a wing!!!

By the way, not sure if you know this but the First production Countach after the prototype was delivered to Oz to an Aussie...

Joe Sackey tells me this old girl is still in Oz...

I drove a 5000 QV with rear wing about 18mths ago. I thought it was quite manageable; but I wouldn't want to reverse park it.

Paul Halstead would be the Aussie in question. He even raced that LP400 and it's well known for being made into a Targa so he could fit into it. I remember the car in period and was horrified to see such an exotic mixing it up with sports sedans on the race tracks.The car is still here AFAIK and the roof is back to normal.

I'm with Carl on the wing. It ruins the purity of the lines and it's not even adjustable FFS.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
I drove a 5000 QV with rear wing about 18mths ago. I thought it was quite manageable; but I wouldn't want to reverse park it.

Paul Halstead would be the Aussie in question. He even raced that LP400 and it's well known for being made into a Targa so he could fit into it. I remember the car in period and was horrified to see such an exotic mixing it up with sports sedans on the race tracks.The car is still here AFAIK and the roof is back to normal.

I'm with Carl on the wing. It ruins the purity of the lines and it's not even adjustable FFS.
I saw it about 8 years ago with the roof off still at the Noosa Car show. Was white then (and I thought it always was).

I don't the car with the wing (knowing full well it makes the car worse) as it just screams outrageous excess, but still would take a 400 first any day.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I saw it about 8 years ago with the roof off still at the Noosa Car show. Was white then (and I thought it always was).

I don't the car with the wing (knowing full well it makes the car worse) as it just screams outrageous excess, but still would take a 400 first any day.

Pretty sure it's been restored since then.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Definitely looked like it needed a freshen up then, but would have been a bit of work to put the roof back on.