Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Yea I am happy to drop an extra 175k on my lamb and not to have to drop my pants for sheep  :p

New Zealand used to have 22 sheep per person back in the 80s. That's why we're widely known as such great lovers. The ratio has now dwindled down to around 7 sheep per person.

However, Australia now has around 10 million more sheep than New Zealand and that's why there is so many of us here now.

Offline app

I was in NZ last year, in Auckland.  What they do have a lot of are yachts.  I was told when I was in Auckland 1 in 3 Aucklanders own a yacht :o  Not sure how accurate that is but there did appear to be a rather large number of yachts in comparison to the population.

These aren't just small yachts, I'm talking yachts ranging from $50k to $500k.  That's a lot of coin for the average citizen.

On the extreme side, there was a yacht, called Ulysses, which I believe was for sale asking >$80m at one stage.  The size of the thing was ridiculous, it dwarfed the hotel it was moored next to.  I couldn't imagine it being cheap to run, it never left the habour in the 4 days I was there and there were people who appeared to be working on it everyday.

Offline ACP

I was in NZ last year, in Auckland.  What they do have a lot of are yachts.  I was told when I was in Auckland 1 in 3 Aucklanders own a yacht :o  Not sure how accurate that is but there did appear to be a rather large number of yachts in comparison to the population.

These aren't just small yachts, I'm talking yachts ranging from $50k to $500k.  That's a lot of coin for the average citizen.

On the extreme side, there was a yacht, called Ulysses, which I believe was for sale asking >$80m at one stage.  The size of the thing was ridiculous, it dwarfed the hotel it was moored next to.  I couldn't imagine it being cheap to run, it never left the habour in the 4 days I was there and there were people who appeared to be working on it everyday.

Ulysses is Graeme Hart's boat - NZ's richest man. It's only 196 feet which it relatively small to what is out there globally. Here's the for sale ad:

http://www.boatinternational.com/yacht-sales/19800/ulysses-for-sale

He has another one being built which is 253 feet in NZ at the moment.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline app

Ulysses is Graeme Hart's boat - NZ's richest man. It's only 196 feet which it relatively small to what is out there globally. Here's the for sale ad:

http://www.boatinternational.com/yacht-sales/19800/ulysses-for-sale

He has another one being built which is 253 feet in NZ at the moment.

It looked huge in the harbour compared to what are even by world standards big luxury yachts, it made the other boats look like dinghys :?

Offline ACP

It's designed as an 'Expedition Style' yacht, pretty much go anywhere including the polar areas. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea style wise.

Offline dkabab

Offline ACP

Ugly but functional.... Looks like an ice breaker

It's got a 5-man submarine too, which comes in handy for times when you really need a submarine. His new one 'Weta' has better lines.

Offline app

It's got a 5-man submarine too, which comes in handy for times when you really need a submarine. His new one 'Weta' has better lines.

Looks dated.

Offline Joel

I have a couple of mates who work on the yachts. One works on LazyZ google it. Pretty cool boat owned by an 80 year old developer. Charters it a lot and actually had the Walton family on it for the last few weeks. (Walmart for those at home)

My other mate works on a top secret boat and is never allowed to disclose where he was or who was on it.