Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
if i remember correctly , you are a bit shorter than me , but much wider :P . i think drivers who are 6ft tall and above feel cramped . that pic ash put up showed the guys legs either side of the wheel , not a great position if you're trying to get up it .

That's true. I'm 5'11. Any taller, I imagine your head would hit the A pillar in the Diablo. In that aspect, the Murcie feels open like a bus inside, it has so much room.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline coco

• "sdrawkcab"

That's true. I'm 5'11. Any taller, I imagine your head would hit the A pillar in the Diablo. In that aspect, the Murcie feels open like a bus inside, it has so much room.

Hello everyone!
Long time browser, first time poster.

I figured that i would post some data to confirm "andecorp"s' comments.

Murcielago 6.2
Wheelbase : 2665 mm (104.9 in)
Overall length : 4580 mm (180.3 in)
Overall width : 2058 mm (81.0 in)
Overall height : 1135 mm (44.7 in)
Front track : 1635 mm (64.4 in)
Rear track : 1695 mm (66.7 in)
Ground clear. : 135 mm (5.5 in)

Diablo 6.0
Wheelbase : 2650 mm(104 in)
Overall length : 4470 mm (176.1 in)
Overall width : 2040 mm (80.3 in)
Overall height : 1105 mm (43.5 in)
Front track : 1610 mm (63.4 in)
Rear track : 1670 mm (65.7 in)
Ground clear. : 140 mm (5.5 in)

a height difference of 30MM......although that would be external data......but also incorporate that data with the interior, could make a difference between a "bus ride" or a can of sardines for the tallest driver.

im a 6"1' Italian fellow........and in general italians are short............hmm..........is there something my parents aren't telling me?!?!............

Love the site by the way, its a breath of fresh air to see some exotics here "in the merry old land of oz" rather than envying those people in the U.S and Europe having a much larger Supercar database.

Not many meetings here in Melbourne but, which is a bit of a shame.....(well, not that i know of).
V-12 60 degree, light-alloy block, mid mounted, rear wheel drive, Dual overhead camshafts, four valves/cylinder, 5167 cc, 455 bhp at 7000 rpm, 501 Nm (369 lbs.ft.) at 5200 rpm, 293 Km/h, ON A SESAME SEED BUN!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
gday and welcome coco... i've never had any problems in Italian cars as i am obiously designed for them standing proud at a dominating 4'7" (or so), but yeah even i could see the difference between Audi Lambos vs yesterdays cars.

i spent a bit of time in a Murcielago and the driver at the time (Nev - who complains of blurry eyestight if there's low-flying cloud) fits when he's not wearing shoes.  but just looking in the Diablo showed a somewhat cramped cockpit, the Countach had similar issues, even i had to bend my knees sitting in it, but god dam it feels good to be in there. :)

as for exotic runs in Melbourne, it's not to say they don't happen, just that this site is run by an Adelaidean so that gets most of the focus.  the mexicans still get out there now and then when they can't find a park for latte on Lygon St.  :p

Offline coco

• "sdrawkcab"

gday and welcome coco... i've never had any problems in Italian cars as i am obiously designed for them standing proud at a dominating 4'7" (or so), but yeah even i could see the difference between Audi Lambos vs yesterdays cars.

i spent a bit of time in a Murcielago and the driver at the time (Nev - who complains of blurry eyestight if there's low-flying cloud) fits when he's not wearing shoes.  but just looking in the Diablo showed a somewhat cramped cockpit, the Countach had similar issues, even i had to bend my knees sitting in it, but god dam it feels good to be in there. :)

as for exotic runs in Melbourne, it's not to say they don't happen, just that this site is run by an Adelaidean so that gets most of the focus.  the mexicans still get out there now and then when they can't find a park for latte on Lygon St.  :p

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, we need more supercar ambassadors here in Melbourne. Feels like such a yuppie place here, where they like to hide their toys and not let anyone see them. The only joy I ever get seeing such pedigree is going down Chapel St and perving at the Lambo's at the dealership, looking like a weirdo at the same time by the bypassing motorists :P

one day....some day....come hell or high water!!!!!

oh btw ash, your avatar freaks me out everytime i look at it!!!!!!!
V-12 60 degree, light-alloy block, mid mounted, rear wheel drive, Dual overhead camshafts, four valves/cylinder, 5167 cc, 455 bhp at 7000 rpm, 501 Nm (369 lbs.ft.) at 5200 rpm, 293 Km/h, ON A SESAME SEED BUN!