Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Article on this limited edition (40 produced) Diablo - the final road-going of which is in Adelaide and appears in a bunch of our runs.

Stuart Fowle

Each generation of top-dog Lamborghini has left its legacy, a lasting timestamp for each new round of youthful car geeks. If you grew up in the 1980s, you will no doubt reference the Countach poster on your bedroom wall. Kids of the Ď90s ó my people ó will remember racing the Diablo to its then incomprehensible top speed of 202 mph in the original Need for Speed video games. And now itís almost time for the Murcielago to ride off into that sunset; who knows, maybe todayís kids will remember the late-run LP670-4. With production of the Murcielago winding down soon we decided to take a look back on the model that bridges the gap between the last two generations, the Diablo VT 6.0 SE.

The VT 6.0 SE not only marked the end of the line for the Diablo, it represented the beginning of a new era as well. Owned by Chrysler in the late Eighties and early Nineties, then sold to the son of Indonesiaís president after that, Lamborghini was changing hands far more often than it was designing new models. Audi bought the company in 1998 and seems intent on long-term ownership rather than dumping the brand back on shaky ground. Meanwhile, in an odd reversal of fortunes, Chrysler itself is owned by Italians; but I digress. Knowing that a successor to the Diablo would take time to develop, Audi put its design staff ó the first time in decades someone not named Marcello Gandini would shape a Lamborghini ó to work updating the car for a few more years of service. The pop-up headlights were eliminated, a few new cuts and twists were added, and before long the Diablo was new again, with the VT 6.0 SE sending pretty clear signals which way Audi would take the future models.

Full story and loads of pics: http://kilometermagazine.com/artman2/publish/hindsight/History_Lamborghini_Diablo_VT_6_0_SE.html

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
And when he's ready to sell I hope I'm in the position to buy  :lovies: :lovies:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

And when he's ready to sell I hope I'm in the position to buy  :lovies: :lovies:

Hope you've been saving your bickies or you might have to wait for the next turnover... ;)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Might add a few of my pics of GS's car.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
I think my drool gland just broke......

Here's the last one ever made

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Article on this limited edition (40 produced) Diablo - the final road-going of which is in Adelaide and appears in a bunch of our runs.

Full story and loads of pics: http://kilometermagazine.com/artman2/publish/hindsight/History_Lamborghini_Diablo_VT_6_0_SE.html

I think they used the wrong photos... don't think that's GJS's car photos.... being a LHD car...

VT...  :thumbsup:

richie

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I think they used the wrong photos... don't think that's GJS's car photos.... being a LHD car...

Heh nah the article's not about *his* car specifically, I just added my pics of the car I know.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
6.0 will always be the King of Lambo's in my book.