Offline TJB

Could have put this in the cool Lamborghini photo thread but there isn't much that is "cool" about this so I decided not to ...

Today in Arden St, North Melbourne, a first-gen Lamborghini Gallardo and Honda CRV collided, leaving both vehicles quite badly damaged. Apparently this particular Lamborghini had a notorious reputation of speeding through the streets of North Melbourne, if radio reports are to be believed.

There are also unconfirmed rumours that this car is currently for sale at Lorbek, as the image description states the car has done "roughly 20,000kms and would have been worth $180K" - very similar to the Gallardo for sale here. The blurred-out plates also seem similar to the plates [V LORBEK], of which Lorbek tend to use on their stock occasionally. However all of the above is merely speculation at this stage.
http://www.lorbek.com.au/our_cars/view/lorbek_used_cars/2004_Lamborghini_Gallardo_L140_Yellow_6_Speed_Manual_Coupe/7177339/

This image was courtesy of an Instagram page, "Melbourne Car Spotters". Content-wise and knowledge-wise, it is arguably the best in the business as far as spotting pages go in Australia.

I'm yet to see an article online about this incident, so does anybody know anything more about this?

Offline Kuleo0z

• Perth Car Spotting

• Name: Matt
Yes, the mechanic obviously crashed it when a lady did a U-turn straight into it. Totally his fault.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Yes, the mechanic obviously crashed it when a lady did a U-turn straight into it. Totally his fault.

It's nice to see it wasn't the mechanic's fault for once. It often is....sometimes having resulted in deaths.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Performing u turns is not illegal necessarily. Was this one being illegally?

I'm not sure whose fault it is based on the article.

But the u turn wasn't necessarily the cause of the crash?

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Performing u turns is not illegal necessarily. Was this one being illegally?

I'm not sure whose fault it is based on the article.

But the u turn wasn't necessarily the cause of the crash?

Isn't it always the case that the one doing the U Turn has to give way?  That was always my understanding and I give way just to be safe.

It looks like in the photo the U turn was on a normal road, not an intersection.  That aside at least on one was majorly injured.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Isn't it always the case that the one doing the U Turn has to give way?  That was always my understanding and I give way just to be safe.

It looks like in the photo the U turn was on a normal road, not an intersection.  That aside at least on one was majorly injured.

only minority injury
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

I think yes, correct.

But IF the lambo was driving illegally in some way too them it's not necessarily the u turners fault, and the article doesn't make it clear, so we can't judge.