Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
you mean something like this? ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg79_mM2CNY

That was amazing... maybe thats the car and why its so cheap ;)

Kind of easy to see why they put a speed bump on that road.

Offline barra

Am I the only one who just thinks this is an average priced car? I doubt its a scam its just someone selling a car at market value. And yea it will cost 180+ on the road in aus.  And the person who said only one person is 'licensed' to import these, what are you talking about?
I haven't looked at the condition but I know white ones aren't common esp in aus, so if someone (like me) would.much rather a white one then black or yellow then this would be much more worthwhile persuing then the ones at the bottom of the Aussie market.
My .02

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
some readers on the forum  would assume $96K landed, whic is not the case.

And "only one person licenced to import"   i think you misread this statement.....it was...was you need a special licence to import.

To someone who is overseas it is the easiest was to convey the message that these vehicles cannot be easily imported into Australia unless you are licenced to import vehicles newer than 1988.

My understanding is that it is getting more difficult to import cars.

A the father of one of my staff goes overseas each year for 3-6 months holidays and imports a couple cars to cover the cost of his holiday.

This year apparently he was no longer able to import.

Apparently the limit is one car per person every 5 years.

Can someone shed some light on this?
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
I know from the UK they changed it a couple of years back, 1 every 5 yrs per person and you need to own it for 12 months (with you in the country for the majority of it) before taking it back.

Offline barra

Sorry, I now think people are passing on hear say and getting confused. Im not an expert on importing but I dare say the one car every five years and owning it for a year is about a 'personal import'. Anyone can engage one of the several import mobs to bring in and rego this car and as many other eligible lambos etc. As they want.

If I was in the market for a gallardo this would at least hit my radar due to it being my favourite colour. There are two white ones on carsales, they are both in another league to this one, but 339 and 499 make this one at around 180 worth considering.

Good luck selling your car mate.  Looks hot.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
This year apparently he was no longer able to import.

Apparently the limit is one car per person every 5 years.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Here:

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/cars/personal-imports-rule-change-1-car-per-5-years-permanent-residents-only-6137.0.html

I'm surprised with the constant import chatter that this topic was completely ignored when I brought it up...

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Here:

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/cars/personal-imports-rule-change-1-car-per-5-years-permanent-residents-only-6137.0.html

I'm surprised with the constant import chatter that this topic was completely ignored when I brought it up...

Ash, it's just that you're so damn boring.................we want answers NOW................we dont want to have to look stuff up! We want to just ask the question blindly on here and have you go back, do the research and give us the answers!  :p
Always Gunna

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Ash, it's just that you're so damn boring.................we want answers NOW................we dont want to have to look stuff up! We want to just ask the question blindly on here and have you go back, do the research and give us the answers!  :p

I've got me on ignore too.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I've got me on ignore too.

Just do a Basil Fawlty, when the guests complained he threw the lot out, emptied the place.

Well no actually he said "either you go or I will" after a short silence he left.

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
Here:

i think it covers all imports even pre 1988. 
The guy i know wanted to bring in a Mondial (why i have not idea)  and an old MG (once again why i have no idea)
Persistence Beats Resistance