Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
2% ??

In my experience premiums are pretty much universally 1% of the insured value of the vehicle. Only exception would be dirt cheap cars where the % is higher.
Your correct, I just checked, it was 1%.

Offline M500

2% ??

In my experience premiums are pretty much universally 1% of the insured value of the vehicle. Only exception would be dirt cheap cars where the % is higher.

In my experience anything sub-$200k will usually far exceed your 1% estimate. Certainly,the lower the value the higher the relative premium.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
In my experience anything sub-$200k will usually far exceed your 1% estimate. Certainly,the lower the value the higher the relative premium.

Around $100k for me, in the past that has normally been the wifes daily driver.

Interestingly the Tesla is slightly higher than 1% and the Range Rover slightly lower. Speciale is bang on 1%.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Around $100k for me, in the past that has normally been the wifes daily driver.

Interestingly the Tesla is slightly higher than 1% and the Range Rover slightly lower. Speciale is bang on 1%.

Thats interesting, my 308 is with Sannons and currently insured for $130k, and the premium is $800 PA.  I suggest probably because it is on club plates?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Thats interesting, my 308 is with Sannons and currently insured for $130k, and the premium is $800 PA.  I suggest probably because it is on club plates?

Classic cars are a bit cheaper generally. Interesting numbers on your 308, cheaper premium than I get from them.
The Solomon Finkelstein effect?

;)

Offline serge

• Drives: 360 Spider
OP, have a look at Enthusiast http://enthusiast.com.au/ - was insured with them for 2 years before moving to Shannons, premiums were around 1% on my 360

Offline topspinner

??
Lumley had no problem up to $1mil. When it got over that, they chucked a stink so I moved to Shannons.

I got Lumley's to quote me on an 04 Gallardo for $150k and the premium came in at over $4k with a $1500 excess.
JustCar Insurance for the same model came in at $2700 with a $2600 excess.
NRMA came in also at over $4k
GIO came in at a ridiculous $13k
Will try http://enthusiast.com.au as recommended by Serge
Also having an Insurance Broker through Arthur J. Gallagher source a few quotes

Offline Andy@MMRT

• Drives: Murcielago

My S5 insured for $90k carries a premium of $720 with Shannons.  They get a plenty of other business from me, so maybe that helps. 

Offline jamesatfish

I got Lumley's to quote me on an 04 Gallardo for $150k and the premium came in at over $4k with a $1500 excess.
JustCar Insurance for the same model came in at $2700 with a $2600 excess.
NRMA came in also at over $4k
GIO came in at a ridiculous $13k
Will try http://enthusiast.com.au as recommended by Serge
Also having an Insurance Broker through Arthur J. Gallagher source a few quotes

Don't forget Shannons and JustCar are both underwritten by the same company, so if you can get insurance through JustCar now and then switch to Shannons next year (with 12 months of experience and hopefully no claims) that might be a good option?

Given the 1% target for a 'good' insurance quote you can just chalk up the $1200 extra for the year with JustCar as the cost of getting into the Lambo life...

Online Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT