Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

:lovies:

For the Italians, 'cabriolet' sounds too French, and maybe put to too much use by the Germans. 'Roadster' is perhaps too unrefined and it kinda sounds like 'toaster'. 'Convertible', well, that's just downright pedestrian. Like some kind of jacket that turns into a raincoat when it starts to pour.

No, Italians call them 'Spyder' - as if to say, this car can climb walls.
And here is the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder, a...topless?...version of the Gallardo introduced earlier this year.

This Gallardo Spyder comes with a 5.2 liter V10 engine delivering 560 hp and 540 Nm of torque to all four wheels; an improvement of 40 horses over the previous incarnation of this engine.

The roof retracts in 20 seconds in case you're really in a hurry to look cool.

And the E-Gear automatic now sports shift changes 40 percent quicker. Clunky shifting being a drawback of previous sequential boxes that seems to have been overcome, at least in supercar and premium ranges.

Lamborghini promises no sacrifices for this Spyder and claims its top speed of 324 km/h can be reached with either an opened or closed top.

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

Does look very good... Better than the coupe I think.
Friend of mine has had one on order for about 6 months already. Delivery is meant to be in April.
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline app

Looks better than coupe in my opinion. The shape looks so good with the roof on, not something that you get very often in spyders.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I've warmed to the Spyder over the last couple years where I can now look at them (in photos, never seen in flesh) and not think they ruined an almost perfect design.

With the top up though, still looks retarded.  I *do* like them in full cafe cruiser mode and would have one in a heartbeat, but to say it looks even half as good as the coupe is something I can't do.

Offline app

I've warmed to the Spyder over the last couple years where I can now look at them (in photos, never seen in flesh) and not think they ruined an almost perfect design.

With the top up though, still looks retarded.  I *do* like them in full cafe cruiser mode and would have one in a heartbeat, but to say it looks even half as good as the coupe is something I can't do.

Yeah but Ash, the spyder in the Gallardo relative to the coupe looks sooo much better than the LP640 spyder relative to the coupe. I think the new spyder is more streamlined for a spyder than any other spyder I can think of.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
No way!  The LP640 roadster is awesome!  I probably still like the tintop better, but certainly not by much.  I look at the G and G-Sp as two completely different cars so as not to compare too much.

Offline app

No way!  The LP640 roadster is awesome!  I probably still like the tintop better, but certainly not by much.  I look at the G and G-Sp as two completely different cars so as not to compare too much.

Haha 2 completely differing views!! One thing we do agree on - LP640 Coupe looks awesome!!